Our Commitment with Airports
At Ferrovial Airports we believe that the future of airports lies on two essential premises: the design of ambitious investment programmes, and an environmentally-friendly airport management approach.
SUSTAINABILITY AND INNOVATION
Sustainability and innovation are at the forefront of Ferrovial’s approach to managing airports. We invest in energy-efficient technologies and renewable energy. We are also committed to improving passenger experience through R&D projects.
- Heathrow’s Energy Centre is the UK’s largest biomass facility.
- Heathrow’s Terminal 2 is a benchmark for sustainability within the industry. It is the first airport terminal in the world to obtain BREEAM environmental certification.
- Heathrow has a unique system of driverless electric vehicles.
- We are continuously working on new initiatives at all our airports to reduce operational environmental impact and improve the efficiency and sustainability of all airport facilities.
PASSENGER EXPERIENCE AT HEATHROW
Figures for 2016:
- 97% of our passengers had a security waiting time of less than five minutes.
- 78.8% of departures were on time.
- 84% of passengers rated their experience at Heathrow to be “excellent or very good”.
- The overall valuation of the airport in the ASQ survey was 4.15/5.
- The number of lost/missed bags per 1,000 passengers was 13.1, in contrast to 40 registered in 2007.
Awards and recognitions 2017
- Heathrow Airport, Best European Airport
- Heathrow Airport, Best Airport in Western Europe
- Heathrow Airport, Best Airport for Shopping