SRI and Sustainability Indexes
Ferrovial is included in some of the world’s most prestigious sustainability indices, including the DJSI (Dow Jones Sustainability Index), FTSE4Good and the CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project). Additionally, providing transparency in response to the demands of Socially Responsible Investors (SRI) is one of our priorities.
Socially Responsible Investment
Ferrovial maintains smooth relations with leading stakeholders, i.e. those parties that are or may be affected by the main environmental and social risks of the company’s activities worldwide, those with regulatory influence, and those with authority in developing new business opportunities.
Relations with analysts and investors specialised in SRI are also considered important, given their role in the ethical, social and environmental aspects of investment decisions.
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI). Ferrovial has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability Europe Index for fifteenth consecutive years. This index is drawn up by RobecoSAM. Ferrovial was the only Spanish company in its sector (construction & engineering) in the global index in 2013 and 2014.
- FTSE4Good. In the most recent update to the FTSE4Good Global Index in September, Ferrovial was included again, for the eleventh year in a row. The methodology and evaluation agency was changed in this latest update (Evalueserve).
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP). For the fourth consecutive year, Ferrovial has been included in the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index and the Climate Performance Leadership Index, drawn up by CDP, which recognise companies with best practices in emissions reduction and climate change mitigation.
- Tomorrows Value Rating. Ferrovial has been ranked as one of the five most responsible infrastructure companies in the world. This ranking was drawn up by certification entity DNV GL.
- Sustainbility Yearbook. Ferrovial was recognised in the bronze class in the Construction & Engineering category in the Sustainability Yearbook 2014, drafted by RobecoSAM and KPMG.
- STOXX Global ESG.Ferrovial has renewed its presence in this index for the fifth consecutive year. The index is made up of the leading sustainability companies worldwide in terms of environmental, social and governance criteria, based on ESG indicators provided by Sustainalytics.
- MSCI Global Sustainability Index. Ferrovial maintains its presence in the index for the second consecutive year. The MSCI Research department rewards those investments that meet sustainable criteria.