As stated in its policy document, Ferrovial aims to “create safe, risk-free workplaces for everyone, every day”, driven by its belief that every accident is preventable. This vision sets the de facto desired objective of “Target Zero”, a goal to which managers and the more than 74,000 employees of Ferrovial are fully committed.
In order to achieve the Target Zero goal, Ferrovial has designed a roadmap based on the following actions:
- Appropriate organisational structure, up to the highest level of management, with a health and safety representative on all management committees.
- Implementation of appropriate management systems in all business areas.
- Implementation of appropriate minimum safety standards for each business area.
- Training aimed at employee involvement.
- Strict supervisory and control procedures in place in work centres, including safety. inspections and a reporting system for safety observations/near misses, and internal audits carried out by independent experts.
- Reporting system based on proactive and reactive indicators.
- Commitment to innovation.
- Road Safety Plan.