Ferrovial is looking for start-ups that are ready to revolutionize the work safety sector Published on 05/10/2017
Ferrovial presents Build Up! an initiative to empower innovation and find new business solutions through national and international startups of great potential.
Build Up! means strengthen, that is precisely what we are looking for this open challenge for startups. Discover new and innovative technology solutions being developed and tested, that are now looking for the next stage. Ferrovial offers to be their coach that will help them to train and achieve joining the Olympic games.
Each year we’ll present a different challenge identified in any of the four business units that we have in Ferrovial. In this case, we want to solve a challenge of the business line of Ferrovial Services.
The challenge: How can we guarantee the safety of our road maintenance workers?
The reason why we have selected this challenge is the need of taking care of the workers that guarantee our safety on the roads. These people verify on a daily basis the proper condition of our roads.
For this challenge we are searching for:
- Late-stage startups that have developed and tested the technology in at least two clients
- Scalable technology, being to be integrated into Ferrovial departments
- A multidisciplinary team available to work with us during the Build Up! process of integrating the first pilot
The process we will follow in Build Up! has 3 phases:
- Submission of Solutions. The call has been open yesterday (3rd of October) and will be closed on the 23rd of this month. The form to be fill can be found on our website.
- On December, after the evaluation of all proposals received, and being tackled some personal interviews, 5 finalists will be announced.
- We will invite the finalists to participate in two workouts the 16th and the 30th of January.
- During the first workout, the startups will work together with Ferrovial’s teams in order to design in detail the final proposal that solves the challenge.
- in the second workout, these proposals will be presented in front of a selected jury by Ferrovial, and the winner will be announced at the end.
Are you ready for a gold medal?
Present your solutions filling in the form here.
Should you have any queries, we will happy to talk to you by mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content published on the Website in the News section does not constitute an official communiqué of Ferrovial; the company’s official announcements are published specifically in the Press Room as “Press Releases”.