Associate / Corporate Development Department
Posted on 22 September, 2022
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading developers of transport infrastructure. Ferrovial Airports integrates all airport management activities and it´s one of the world´s leading private airport investors and operator. We have a deep understanding of the industry and a record of building strong and productive relationships with partners and stakeholders. The Airports Division oversees all of Ferrovial Group’s activities relating to the airport sector. Ferrovial Airports adds value in the design, construction, financing and operation of airport infrastructures through long term asset investment, with a view to becoming one of the world’s major airport operators and investors. Airports are highly strategic assets, given their significant impact on local economic development. In the case of Heathrow Airport, for example, the contribution to the UK economy is £23 billion per year. In a context of increasing privatisation of airport infrastructures, Ferrovial Airports’ business model has proved to be ideally suited to meet the requirements of our interest groups. Our extensive operational experience, together with our financial strength and the synergies achieved with the other divisions within the group, has enabled us to increase the profitability of our assets through our business approach, focused on improving passenger experience, developing infrastructures and streamlining operational costs, amongst others. Ferrovial operates a portfolio of 4 airports in the United Kingdom: Heathrow, Europe’s busiest hub, and Glasgow, Aberdeen, and Southampton. In June 2022, Ferrovial Airports acquired a stake in the consortium appointed to design, construct and operate the New Terminal One at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport in the United States. Furthermore in July 2022, Ferrovial Airports completed the acquisition of a 60% stake in the company that manages the Dalaman International Airport concession in Turkey.
The Associate collaborating with the Project Manager in Corporate Development will be responsible of the research, analysis and preparation of preliminary business opportunities for the development of the Division’s portfolio.
• Prepare case studies (country profiles, characteristics and risks, valuation, modelling and monitoring, etc.).
• Performing preliminary analysis, including valuation modelling and monitoring of potential acquisition opportunities.
• Preparing cost of capital, macroeconomic or risk / return analysis and presenting them to the Project Director.
• Collaborating on the identification and supervision of tasks to be performed during the project, coordinating the different work streams (internal and external resources) and monitoring the budget of the project.
• Taking part in bidding and M&A project analysis of the Division, participating in the organization, planning and execution of Division’s processes required in a due diligence process, with the aim of determining the suitability of the investment for the Division’s business objectives, ensuring established profitability levels and identifying risks.
• Participating in the analysis of potential co-shareholders, evaluating their characteristics and giving support during the negotiation of the terms of co-investment. • Preparing documents for internal committees approvals and strategic presentations, as well as participating in those meetings.
• Supporting the financial close of projects and taking part in the negotiation with financial entities, authorities, client and/or vendor.
• Analysis of the evolution of the economic, operational, and financial variables of the investments
• Prepare and update the financial and operational models used in Ferrovial Airports
• Carry out valuation reporting of the different assets in the Ferrovial Airports portfolio, justifying valuations with those involved in the due diligence process, e.g., advisors, shareholders, or partners.
• Collaborate in economic-financial analysis of investment projects of the division
Habilidades y experiencia
• University degree in Economics, Business Administration or Engineering.
• At least 2-4 years of relevant experience in investment banking, corporate finance or business development in multinational companies in the infrastructure or utilities sector.
• A very high proficiency in English and Spanish, and availability to travel.
• Experience in financial models, and technical knowledge in valuation and banking.
• Masters qualification in financial analysis and/or CFA desirable.
• International experience and Project Finance experience desirable.
• High level of autonomy, proactiveness to propose solutions and improvements.
• Flexibility and ability to react under pressure, teamwork.
• Ability to assume responsibilities, prioritise, and communicate effectively in written and verbal communications in both English and Spanish
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again