Ferrovial Construction UK
Posted on 29 September, 2021
London, London, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Job Title – Bid Director Location – Chiswick, London (and/or remotely as required by the circumstances)
Reporting To – Tendering Director
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators committed to developing sustainable solutions to the industry’s challenges.
Job Purpose: Manage, lead and provide direction to complex tender opportunities, with multidisciplinary and diverse teams.
• Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy.
• Lead the relationship with client representatives in accordance with the tender instructions and tender strategy.
• Establish the tender strategy for the success of the tender, considering the strength and weaknesses of the of the business to maximise the probability of winning the tender.
• Fully understand the business capabilities and resources to prepare tender submissions of excellent quality considering the client requirements and expectations. • Coordinate and give close guidance to the tender teams (design, construction, planning, submission, estimation, commercial, legal, reviewers, etc) to insure full coordination, motivation, efficiency and excellent outcome.
• Fully understand and follow all the business procedures including governance.
• Coordinate and prepare all internal and external meetings (within the business, with partners and with clients).
• Ensure proper checking of all deliverables and internal documents in accordance with good practice, procedures and governance.
• Follow all the Board decisions as well as indications and guidance from the line Manager (Tendering Director)
• Liaise with other teams in the business as necessary in other to fulfill their responsibilities, use lessons learned, use experience from other projects and departments and handover successful tenders to the delivery team.
• Understand the key technical aspects of the tender in order to coordinate and challenge the technical aspects of the tender.
• Full understanding of the project technical and commercial risks, completing this understanding with the inputs from the team subject matter experts.
• To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
• Support on agreeing commercial arrangements with Joint Venture partners
Skills & experience
• Ability to manage and motivate multi-disciplinary and diverse teams
• Ability to establish and follow tender programmes
• Team player
• Responsive to meet tender deadlines
• Experience Managing tender teams
• Experience understanding scoring criteria an establishing a strategy to maximise scoring.
• Presentation skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work under pressure and multitasking
• Civil Engineering Degree or similar Engineering background
• Experience leading tenders as Bid Manager/Director
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again