Ferrovial Construction UK
Posted on 29 September, 2021
Norwich, East Anglia, United Kingdom
Norwich Western Link
Ferrovial Construction has recently been awarded the contract to design and build the Norwich Western Link by Norfolk County Council. The project involves designing and building 6.1km of dual carriageway, a 670m viaduct over the River Wensum and 6 structures for minor roads and environmental crossings. The aim of the project is to improve the connectivity of Norwich national road networks whilst taking into account the natural and built environment and local communities. The project opens up new opportunities for people in Norfolk, offers a gateway into STEM careers in the industry and creates sustainable career paths.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
We are looking for a Construction Manager for our Norwich Western Link project. You will be responsible for hitting programme targets whilst ensuring work is completed to required cost, technical and design specifics, quality and safety standards of the project.
Reports to: Project Manger
• Monitor site progress such as ensuring equipment is installed according to the Programme.
• Forecast work ahead of the programmes and recommend extra resources or alternative work processes when necessary to maintain or increase performance.
• Monitor project costs and alert our Project Manager of any cost discrepancies
• Maintain daily records of all site activities, including information on labour and plant and any non-compliant materials or workmanship.
• Identify and recommend solutions to design issues whilst taking into account engineering procedure and the construction schedule
• Manage the site team whilst taking into account personnel issues and staff training and development
• Interpret design specifications
• Work in partnership with the sub-contractors and consider the environment and community around the project
• Ensure company procedures are implemented
• Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy
• Monitor and assess staff capability and performance
• To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
Skills & experience
• Experience in building relationships with external parties
• Significant construction technology knowledge and experience
• A highly capable construction problem solver
• Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels within Ferrovial
• Computer literate
• CSCS card
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Construction ManagerLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 29 September, 2021
Quantity SurveyorLondon, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 29 September, 2021
Graduate Mechanical EngineerLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 29 September, 2021
Graduate Quantity SurveyorLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 29 September, 2021
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again