Health & Safety Advisor
Ferrovial Agroman UK
Posted on 28 April, 2020
Calvert, South East, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Agroman delivers value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
• Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy
• To support the development of a strong Health and Safety focused culture across the Ferrovial Agroman UK business
• To advise on and coordinate the development of consistent Health and Safety plans across the business in line with the company and group policy
• To be an expert in Health and Safety legislation and best practice to assist with compliance and continuous improvement
• To support the development of briefing and communication strategies to ensure that the Health and Safety plan and important information is understood and operated by all employees and subcontractors
• To support the development of measurement systems to ensure that Health and Safety performance are accurately monitored
• To liaise with employees, subcontractors and suppliers on Health and Safety matters as required
• To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
• To contribute to formal H&S Reviews
• To carry out high quality and systematic audits to a prescribed and rigorous process, enabling the degree of compliance to be established and improvement opportunities identified.
• Monitor close out of H&S Reviews and audits of projects within prescribed timescales.
• To participate in and support training and other Health and Safety initiatives in order to facilitate consistent standards and spread best practice.
• To identify possible operational risks or opportunities and work with central Health and Safety Team to ensure an appropriate and effective response.
• To carry out or contribute to accident investigations, ensuring the comprehensive gathering of supporting evidence material.
• To deliver Introduction to H&S course.
• To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
Skills & experience
• Detailed knowledge of Health, Safety & Environment Legislation
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels throughout the project.
• CSCS card
• Ability to carry out detailed, thorough and systematic analysis.
• Skilled in questioning and investigating to identify immediate, root or systematic facets of situations and root causes.
• Well developed capacity to deal sensitively with people but at the same time not avoiding issues that must be dealt with.
• Strong communication skills to confidently give constructive feedback and clearly put across the reality of what is happening on the ground.
• Strong skills in building rapport with people at many levels in the business
• Good influencing and persuasive skills and ability to builds effective working relationships with people at many levels.
• Good listening, reflection and questioning skills to act as an effective coach to managers, supervisors and staff.
• Sound technical knowledge of the construction process in general and awareness of their own limitations
• Ability to carry out HSQE Audits
• Ability to look ahead and see potential issues and opportunities
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (General and Construction Certificate will be considered)
• Accident Investigation training
• Professional membership (e.g.: GradIOSH / CMIOSH)
• Experience of working within an Environmental Management Team and liaising with public bodies such as the Environment Agency and Natural England.
Location – Calvert
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT REPRESENT A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITES AND EMPLOYEES MAYBE REQUESTED TO UNDERTAKE OTHER REASONABLE DUTIES.
Health & Safety ManagerBicester, South East, United Kingdom Long term Health Safety Posted on 28 April, 2020
Health & Safety Advisor (nights)United Kingdom Long term Health Safety Posted on 28 April, 2020
Health & Safety AdvisorLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Health Safety Posted on 28 April, 2020
Health, Safety, Quality, Environment & Energy AdvisorLondon, United Kingdom Long term Health Safety Posted on 28 April, 2020
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again