Senior Business Development Manager
Posted on 24 November, 2020
London, London, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees.
If you work at Ferrovial Construction in the UK
• Opportunity to join a business with exciting growth plans over the next 3 – 5 years, with aspirations to double revenues
• Targeting sustainable revenue growth across a growing range of diverse sectors
Duties will include:
• Identify, develop and manage a pipeline which meet the Business Plan to meet turnover expectations – analyse, review the opportunities including sectors, clients and where required JV partner(s)
• Promotes Brand awareness, supports the development and management of Client relationships • Establishes and maintains relationships with prospective JV partners
• Markets Ferrovial Construction’s services within the appropriate market sectors
• Ensures the Ferrovial Construction’s opportunities pipeline is updated on a regular basis, producing Weekly and Monthly Pipeline Reports as required
• Support on agreeing commercial arrangements with Joint Venture partners
• Leads a team of appropriate technical and commercial resources, including external designers or specialist consultants, as required to support the PQQ process. Ensure consistent commercial Terms and Conditions which meet market conditions
• Reviews the appointment of additional technical and commercial resources to support the tender process
• Establishes Document Control Systems for PQQs
• Leads the development and submission of suitable PQQ responses
• Supports the tender process in providing ‘quality’ responses
• Obtain regular feedback from Clients on performance
Skills & experience
• Excellent Engineering background, ideally civils but can be construction/mechanical/electrical etc.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels throughout Ferrovial and with external partners, suppliers and customers.
• Excellent diplomacy skills
• Must be able to work to work to strict timescales and ability to produce high volume / accurate information to respond to changing business needs.
• Ability to understand bid management workings and programmes and be able to forecast impact
• Able to interpret contractual clauses and provide commercial opinion in order to facilitate wider strategic business decisions.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
• Experience of managing external stakeholders
• Knowledge of contract structure and law
• Experience of contract management
• Knowledge of programme management
• Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
Reports to: Business Development and Strategy Director
Location: Chiswick, London
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees maybe requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again