CAD Technician- Alamo NEX
Posted on 7 March, 2023
Texas, United States of America
Alamo NEX Construction, LLC is a part of the Ferrovial Group in Texas. In 2021, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) selected Alamo NEX Construction, LLC, a joint venture between Ferrovial Construction Texas, LLC and DBW, LLC (both Ferrovial Group subsidiaries), to complete the Interstate 35 (I-35) NEX Central Project. This project is a $1.5 billion Texas Design-Build (DB) project through the cities of San Antonio, Live Oak, Selma, and Schertz that will consist of non-tolled improvements along I-35, I-140, and Loop 1604. The proposed improvements will include the addition of elevated managed lanes to I-35, addition of 4 connector bridges at the I-35/I-410 North interchange, addition of 4 connector bridges at the I-35/Loop 1604 interchange, and widening of Loop 1604 in Bexar and Guadalupe Counties.
Qualified CAD Technician for performing drafting work.
- Prepares layouts, drawings, and designs from detailed sketches and/or drawings made by technicians, designers or technical professional, converting paper documents into digital files.
- Performs advanced design visualization exhibits from multiple 3d design models.
- Develops graphic exhibits as needed for meetings with TxDOT and other stakeholders.
- Calculates quantities if needed.
- Reviews work provided by others for drafting errors
- Manage consultants and ensuring work is completed on time and up to standard of quality
- Training personnel in Bentley products as needed.
- Close coordination with project’s CAD and ProjectWise System Administrator, and Construction Technical Office Manager.
- Associated Degree in engineering technology or similar
- At least five years’ experience with Bentley Microstation and Power Geopak, software for plan production.
- OpenRoads Designer experience a plus.
- Individual shall be proficient in manipulating drawings, plotting, using reference files and utilizing surveying files (ortho photos, DTM, etc.)
- Advanced and specialized drafting
- Reviewing and revising documents to include engineering notes, specifications, standards and procedures in drafting plans and in preparation of plans, specifications and estimates
- Technical training in drafting may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis
As an industry leader, we strive to offer employees a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit package which includes;
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical which is effective 1st of the month following hire date.
- Industry leading 401(k) +6% company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Annual Bonus based off performance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Note: The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
#ferrovialconstruction #United States of America #entrylevel
Roadway Engineer of RecordTexas, United States of America Full time Technical Office Posted on 13 February, 2023
Structural/Bridge Design EngineerGeorgia, United States of America Full time Technical Office Posted on 13 January, 2023
CAD and ProjectWise System AdministratorTexas, United States of America Full time Technical Office Posted on 9 January, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch