Construction Surveyor - Ontario Line South
Posted on 22 February, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projects are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometer tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
Construction Surveyor – Are you the perfect fit?
What you will undertake:
- Follow the instructions of his line supervisor and survey manager.
- Read, understand, and perform all surveying activities according to the procedures.
- Teamwork, being cooperative with other staff.
- Perform as-builts and topographic surveys.
- Review and check detailed CAD drawings and layouts to stake out geometrical data.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Office automation skills for report generation.
- Extensive knowledge of the field software of surveying instruments.
- Other duties as required.
What do we ask for?
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Engineering, Surveying / Mapping
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License in good standing
- Must be able to work consistently at a fast pace and on multiple assignments concurrently
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Conventional tunneling or TBM experience will be appreciated
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #associate
Package Manager - Infra and Civil Works - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 15 March, 2023
Traffic Control Supervisor - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Pre-construction Scheduler – Ontario Line South ProjectOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Stations Scheduler - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch