Data Management Specialist - Ontario Line South
Posted on 15 February, 2023
Architecture & Data
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projects are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometer tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
Data Management Specialist – Are you the perfect fit?
Reporting directly to the Digital Delivery Manager of the project, you will support and drive the end-to-end BI reporting process for our internal project departments and for the self-service community. From reporting development and publishing to business adoption, you will be the reference for the community and related tasks. Furthermore, you will enable and coach various Business Intelligence (BI) teams along the project structure to translate data into valuable business insights.
You understand and analyze processes and systems to identify issues proactively when creating and discussing Power BI solutions with the report owners.
What you will undertake:
Be responsible for several BI and reporting initiatives with different project department requirements, focusing in developing consistent data models that can make strong relationship with the rest of the data models being generated along the project.
- Be capable of standardizing initiatives approach, with strategic and analytic vision to understand project needs and providing value from the data that they or other departments generate.
- Leverage a significant BI user community, that will grow along the project maturity.
- Develop training content, both basic and more advanced levels for different adoption users.
- Communicate progress and success stories proactively using a multi-channel approach (video, posts, email etc.).
- Be Involved in developing and executing design changes of managed Power BI Applications and project Power BI Online Service Environment.
- Process enhancements requests from the self-service community.
- Establish and prepare clear and concise documentation for the Power BI solutions and modules developed.
- Use other Power Platform tools (Power Automate, Power Apps…) for integrating data sources, creating dataflows and creating custom apps for the project requirements.
- Business or engineer bachelor or specific Power Platform bootcamp or similar level of dedicated training of the scope of the role
What do we ask for?
- At least 3 years of experience working with BI solutions
- Proficiency in Power BI, PowerQuery, DAX and SQL methods
- Proficiency in Power BI Online Services, PBI Applications
- High experience with Microsoft Office (Office 365, SharePoint, Power Platform)
- Experience in geodatabases and querying basic GIS or BIM information
- Experience with some flowchart, diagram and process visualization (MS Visio, Edraw, Miro)
- API Rest and Postman or similar experience would be highly valued
- Azure experience would be highly valued
Please let us know if you have the below!
- Official Certification in Microsoft Power Platform or Microsoft Power BI
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #midseniorlevel
Information Management SpecialistOntario, Canada Full time Architecture & Data Posted on 15 February, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch