JR02305 - JOB_POSTING-3-1348
Posted on 21 March, 2023
Norwich, Norfolk (United Kingdom)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Ferrovial Construction is currently recruiting for a Design Coordinator to join our Project team in based in Norwich.
You will be working on a major infrastructure project (dual carriageway 6 km long with several bridges and other structures) with a value of approximately £100 million. This project is a long-term contract as the completion of the whole project is expected in 2025.
You will be based in our office in Norwich.
Norwich Western Link
Ferrovial Construction has recently been awarded the contract to design and build the Norwich Western Link by Norfolk County Council. The project involves designing and building 6.1km of dual carriageway, a 670m viaduct over the River Wensum and 6 structures for minor roads and environmental crossings.
The aim of the project is to improve the connectivity of Norwich national road networks whilst taking into account the natural and built environment and local communities. The project opens up new opportunities for people in Norfolk, offers a gateway into STEM careers in the industry and creates sustainable career paths.
- To assist for Document control- BIM Model sharing, requests for information, technical queries, Consultants scopes of service and responsibility matrix, file management, gate papers.
- To assist design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs, and ensuring compliance with Employer’s Requirements (ERs),
- To ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submissions programme:
- To deal with enquiries from designers/supply chain/sub-contractors
- To liaise with Design Team members on approval matters
- To monitor and “policing” document control system:
- To train designers/sub-contractors and other personnel on the relevant document management system
- To liaise with internal and external construction and design staff
- To support the application of Lean construction techniques in order to save money, reduce waste and optimise construction.
Skills and qualifications:
- The individual should be a graduate with an understanding of Design and Engineering or have experience in Design and Engineering
- They should have a customer centric approach and have the ability to support the delivery of strategic initiatives.
- It is recommended that they are working towards Professional Membership and professional qualifications in Building or Engineering relevant to the business stream.
- Good communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the relevant business stream.
- Good working knowledge of BIM is required.
- Excellent IT Skills, relevant to the business stream, including BIM and Microsoft Office are required.
- Numeracy and good written communications skills are required.
- A valid CSCS card is required.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions: Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
Civils Design ManagerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Technical Office Posted on 21 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch