EKFB Civil Engineer Graduate - Brackley, Buckingham, Bicester
Posted on 12 October, 2022
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
EKFB Civil Engineer Graduate – Brackley, Buckingham, Bicester
About Ferrovial Construction UK&I
Ferrovial Construction is the UK based engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 70,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees.
We design and construct some of the UK and Ireland’s most high-profile transport infrastructure projects. We have the strength and depth to deliver complex major projects in-house, drawing on international expertise and full asset lifecycle capability. We provide our clients with cost-effective, value-added solutions and design and build sustainable assets for people and places
Our 2019 turnover was £345m in the UK and globally £4.7bn. Our UK order book is currently £1.35bn and globally £11.4bn. We work in the UK for private and public sector customers on projects and frameworks valued from £50,000 to over £1bn.
We maximise potential through continuous professional development and create an equal, inclusive and diverse place to work to drive innovation.
At Ferrovial, we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
Whilst working on large complex projects, you will be encouraged to achieve your maximum, all the while having support and guidance. An ability to work well in a team is key to the delivery of our projects, so that effective communication skills are critical.
Ferrovial prioritises the mobility of its employees as a means of fostering talent. The company has set up a Global Mobility Portal, which operates as an internal job board where employees can find all openings worldwide. The company is keen for graduates to move overseas and gain experiences of different cultures and business ways and methodologies.
Ferrovial Construction is looking for Graduate Engineers to assist with, and in some cases be responsible for, day to day activities on a variety of major UK infrastructure projects. The Ferrovial 3-year graduate development programme is designed to develop personal, professional and technical skills through a blended approach. You will work under the supervision of Section/Project Managers and in collaboration with the site team.
Key Responsibilities: Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy and ensure quality on our projects is upheld.
- To assist in the co-ordination of the team activities to ensure that the project is completed on budget and on time, in line with the agreed construction process.
- To work with the procurement team to ensure compliance with financial parameters.
- To assist in ensuring the project complies with health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- To assist the Project Manager on the management of the team, giving advice on appropriate resourcing levels, effective performance management, employee development and motivation.
- Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values. Taking ownership for the work assigned to you.
- Adhere to safe working practice regulations on site and ensure all staff comply with the requirement.
Skills and Competence
We are looking for graduates with:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels
- Excellent written and oral English language
- Degree or master’s in engineering (All disciplines considered)
- Must have right to work in the UK by the start of employment
- Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the Graduate programme
- Analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
- A proven team player who can effectively work with others
- Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive approach to working and learning
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the industry
- Familiar with all Microsoft packages
- Highly motivated
- Logical thinker with a willingness to learn
- Resilient and a flexible approach to working
- Results driven with strong communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Engineering experience
- CSCS Card
What we offer
On the Ferrovial Construction Graduate programme you will get:
- 3-year development programme in line with the UK engineering framework
- Exposure to a diverse range of engineering disciplines
- Work with Contractors and Sub-contractors to develop effective partnerships
- Attend a variety of blended training to develop your technical, professional and behavioral skills
- You will start the process of becoming chartered with internal and external support
- You will either be given a project to work on or be given a small “Package” to manage from start to finish
- Gain an understanding of Ferrovial Construction from a global perspective, with mobility opportunities
- You will have full internal and external support and development to achieve RICS Chartership within the three years, whilst on programme.
- And much more!
If you have graduated already, you will be able to start as soon as possible
If you graduate this year then you can start as soon as you have finished your formal exams.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch