Posted on 4 January, 2023
Texas, United States of America
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators, committed to developing sustainable solutions. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. The aim of Ferrovial Corporation is to design the Company’s strategy, establishing global policies, guidelines and action guides related to the different functional areas of the Organization (Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Innovation, etc.), which subsequently are developed and adapted to the specificities of each Business Unit. Additionally, it performs a function of providing corporate services to the different companies of the group, while consolidating its information.
Reporting directly to the Head of Centre of Excellence, this position (and supporting team) will play a key role in identifying, developing and delivering new innovative and transformational business opportunities collaboratively with the Business Units, ventures, the wider Innovation team and other corporate departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the current core business and relevant corporate & BU strategies
- Collaboratively lead (or support), as directed, initiatives to identify, validate, develop and deliver opportunities to facilitate the evolution of existing business lines (with a specific focus on Cintra’s Digital Business) and/or to develop new business lines if approved
- Produce proposal and business models (projections of revenue, costs, risks etc.) as needed to illustrate the benefits of those new opportunities to support prioritization and business led decision making
- Lead or co-lead (as directed) project management, planning and execution of individual activities in coordination with business units, including but not limited to the scoping and procurement of third party services
- At all times to collaborate and align with and the wider Innovation team, the Business Units and other corporate departments to ensure awareness, buy-in, and strategic alignement of activities at all levels
- (As required) recruit and manage a team of innovation PMs and analysts to support delivery and execution
- Supervise multi-disciplinary teams (to deliver activities described above) that will from time-to-time include both direct reports and resources from other corporate and business unit teams with different areas of expertise, reporting lines and objectives
- Engage with and evaluate relevant eco-systems (i.e. supply chain, startups, technology vendors, research centers, VCs) aligned to corporate & BU vision and strategy
- Attend conferences and industry forums and pro-actively represent Ferrovial
- Continuously monitor and assess relevant market trends, eco-system developments and funding opportunities
- Proactively engage with the internal community to develop a deep understanding of internal expertise, capabilities and knowledge
- Lead the creation of, and contribute to, relevant foresight & knowledge artefacts (e.g. Ferrovial blogs, white papers, bid & project collateral, scenario planning and internal/ external presentations)
- (Performs other duties as necessary
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Relevant university degree (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration).
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience (e.g. innovation or new/digital business development related role) with a deep knowledge in one or more relevant topic areas (e.g. end-user acquisition and loyalty, mobility/transportation/tolling apps, “as-a-Service” solutions for mobility/transportation, related “add-on” services such as EV charging, ride-hailing, convenience).
- A referenceable track-record of successful project management, business/ technical analysis and opportunity development that has delivered tangible business value.
- Business significant 3rd party/supplier contract drafting, negotiation and management experience and/or experience of establishing global alliances and partnerships extremely desirable .
- A minimum of 1 years line & matrix management experience and regular exposure to C-Level stakeholders (internal and external).
- Must have awareness and understanding of the external private finance/funding environment and eco-system with direct experience of engagement thereof desirable.
- Experience from different types of organizations, including multi-timezone/multi-cultural teams, enterprise scale organizations, start-ups and JV structures.
- Experience of large bid development and/or public-sector procurement processes desirable.
- International experience desirable.
Other Professional/Personal Qualities:
- Excellent C-level stakeholder and external partner communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and proven track record of collaborative working across teams.
- Has an innovation and entrepreneurial mindset with a hands-on, pragmatic and value focused approach.
- Keen interest in transport infrastructure, mobility services and relevant enabling technologies.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Some personal travel will be required; including regular visits to off-site locations (including construction sites) and national air travel and occasional international air travel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
We would like you to get to know us better, and what it means to join our team. Joining Ferrovial means taking the leap to:
Being part of a leading company in its sector, with a presence in 6 main markets.
Work with the best professionals.
A solid and innovative project.
The best work environment.
The best benefits.
#Ferrovial #United States of America #midseniorlevel
Innovation ManagerTexas, United States of America Full time Innovation Posted on 23 November, 2022
Innovation ManagerTexas, United States of America Full time Innovation Posted on 20 October, 2022
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch