Package Manager - Infra and Civil Works - Ontario Line South
Posted on 15 March, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projects are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometer tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
PM Are you the perfect fit?
The Package Manager is responsible to take ownership of the construction of the work package of Infra + Civil Works for the OLS project, including, but not limited to detail design and shop drawings follow up, development of the work methodology/schedule with subcontractors, control of works preparation, pursue of the required approvals and permits to execute the works on site, supervision of works and management of the works completion handover process. The Package Manager will manage a multidisciplinary and high-performance construction team during the whole construction process of the designated Package.
What you will undertake:
- Ensure a “Safety First” attitude throughout the project from all levels of management and operations
- Identify in the plans value engineering opportunities that provide cost and/or schedule savings
- Read, understand, and plan according to the work specifications and contract responsibilities
- Anticipate project conflicts, communicate preventative action plans, and implement solutions to avoid issues
- Select and oversee subcontractors and suppliers
- Create, update, review, and maintain budget for the designated Package.
- Prepare a budget for the designated Package and monitor the progression during the construction process. Prepare monthly cost reports, subcontractor payment applications, control construction equipment used on site.
- Generate solutions to stay on time and on budget
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines and project contractual milestones.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs
- Provide leadership through building relationships, sharing of knowledge/skills, motivating others, providing clear direction, and cooperative teamwork
What do we ask for?
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management in construction.
- Experience in Civil Works construction projects required.
- Proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft Office products.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Fast learner and ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Autonomy and efficiency.
- Leadership and determination.
- Ability to read and understand project specifications, drawings, and details.
- Ability to work independently and follow instruction.
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #midseniorlevel
Traffic Control Supervisor - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Pre-construction Scheduler – Ontario Line South ProjectOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Stations Scheduler - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Project Schedules Quality Manager - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch