Pre-construction Scheduler – Ontario Line South Project
Posted on 10 March, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
Pre-construction Scheduler – Ontario Line South Project (OTG)
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projects are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometer tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
What you will do:
- Work as part of the team to deliver and execute the schedule across the OLS project
- Be responsible of developing, progressing and maintaining the works schedule of the pre-construction activities (design, permitting, procurement,…) in coordination with the relevant department and stations schedulers
- Modify and maintain a detailed baseline schedule for the pre-construction activities
- Progress the baseline schedule by gathering all the updates from the relevant teams and ensure that the monthly narratives accurately reflect project status
- Prepare, for pre-construction activities, the contractor monthly schedule works report submissions that include proper use of schedule constraints, activity coding, sound use of logic relationships, correct software settings, appropriate calendar usage, submittal compliance, activities are identified using the activity ID and that there is appropriate level of schedule detail
- Review internal and contractor weekly look-ahead schedules
- Provide support to schedule changes and time impact analysis for evidence of time extensions
- Work as a team member, contributing to the overall program development by participating in group discussions and meetings
- Read contract language in order to determine requirements and scheduling
- Other duties as required
What we ask for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project or Construction Management, Engineering, or another related field
- 5 years+ experience in scheduling of design and construction projects
- 5 years+ scheduling experience with Primavera P6
- Ability & understanding to fully utilize computer program Primavera P6
- Experience in developing logical sequencing of work, contract duration, phasing
- Experience in Schedule Analyzer, Microsoft Project and TILOS software is a great asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Professional Engineer in Ontario (P. Eng) and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Careful attention to detail and accuracy is a must!
- Must be flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities
- Must be sensitive to time deadlines and ensure that work is accomplished in the timeframes required
- Must be able to work consistently at a fast pace and on multiple assignments concurrently
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #entrylevel
Package Manager - Infra and Civil Works - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 15 March, 2023
Traffic Control Supervisor - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Stations Scheduler - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Project Schedules Quality Manager - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch