Project Cost Engineer - Aylesbury
JR02728 - JOB_POSTING-3-1773
Posted on 9 May, 2023
Financial Planning & Control
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Project Cost Engineer
Reports to: Cost Manager
About FC Civils Solutions
FC Civils Solutions is an engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
We will look to bring turnkey building & civil solutions, as well as a provision for general construction needs to our Group’s companies’ projects within the UK. These projects span from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
Cost Engineer will support to construction team with all cost management contractual and internal requirements. The objective is to provide cost assurance to the FLO and wider teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to explore additional uses of new technologies, tools and software in the construction industry.
- To work and support for WBS maintenance (Work Breakdown Structure
- To support the Delivery and the Commercial depts to develop the Bottom-Up Forecast (BUF).
- To ensure correct cost allocation in line with the BUF
- To target cost allocation
- To forecast 3 months with cost variance comments
- Cost Monitoring – Variances against latest BUF (in programme and in cost)
- SPI/CPI indices and variance analysis
- To work for production rates, Quantities budgeted/installed, any other performance graphs
- To track Risks & Opportunities
- To manage cost audits
Essential Skills, qualifications, and experience
- Industry experience with Cost Engineering or Project Controls
- Earn Value Management
- Cost planning and forecasting
- Ability to manage all cost management aspects.
- Risks & Opportunities tracking and analysis
- Ability to analyse information to prepare accurate and concise reports on progress.
- Progress measurement experience (quantity tracking) and reporting in different stages of the Life cycle of the project.
- Experience in NEC3 contracts
- Good communication skills including good written English skills.
- Engineering degree or similar is a distinct advantage.
Desired Skills, qualifications and experience
- Project Controls experience
- Earned Value Management experience
- MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Power BI
- Engineering / Construction Qualification
- Proactive and willing to take ownership
- Able to build strong relations with the Client
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Cost Controller (Chipping Warden)Full time Financial Planning & Control Posted on 14 September, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch