Project Manager (Civils)
Posted on 21 December, 2022
Middlesex, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Heathrow Q6 Project
Our Q6 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
- Planning and design Coordination during pre-construction and construction phase
- Monitor site progress such as ensuring equipment is installed according to the Programme.
- Forecast work ahead of the programmes and recommend extra resources or alternative work processes when necessary to maintain or increase performance.
- Monitor project costs and alert our Project Manager of any cost discrepancies
- Maintain daily records of all site activities, including information on labour and plant and any non-compliant materials or workmanship.
- Identify and recommend solutions to design issues whilst taking into account engineering procedure and the construction schedule
- Manage the site team whilst taking into account personnel issues and staff training and development
- Interpret design specifications
- Work in partnership with the sub-contractors and consider the environment and community around the project
- Ensure company procedures are implemented
- Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy
- Monitor and assess staff capability and performance
- To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
Key Skills, experience and qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in building relationships with external parties
- Significant construction technology knowledge and experience
- Proven Delivery of Design and Construct projects managing the supply chain under NEC Option
- A highly capable construction problem solver
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels within Ferrovial
- Computer literate
- CSCS card
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #midseniorlevel
Agent (Civil Engineer)Middlesex, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 21 December, 2022
Sub Agent (MEP Engineer)Middlesex, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 21 December, 2022
Sub-Agent Civil EngineerMiddlesex, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 15 December, 2022
M&E Project ManagerMiddlesex, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 12 December, 2022
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch