Senior Digital Engineer
Posted on 14 October, 2022
London, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Senior Digital Engineer
Project: Thames Tideway Tunnel
Reporting to: BIM Manager
The Tideway Project
River Thames is at the heart of London, but in recent years it has been largely overlooked.
Tideway wants to change that. We are recruiting talented people to help us deliver our ambition of re-invigorating a much under-used social, environmental and economic asset.
Ferrovial Construction and Laing O’Rourke’s Joint Venture -FLO, is delivering the central section of a new 25-kilometre tunnel. Wide enough to fit three double decker buses side-by-side, the tunnel aims to protect the tidal River Thames from the tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution that is currently discharged into it each year. Through intercepting overflow points built into the capital’s overstretched, Victorian sewerage network, Tideway will take all overflow directly to the sewage treatment works in Beckton, east London.
The Tunnel is among the largest construction projects of its type. Main construction work began in 2016 and is due for completion by 2024. One of our tunnel boring machines has completed its journey going west, while the other is making significant progress going east.
Not only is this an engineering project, but a vital means of creating a London that can meet the needs of generations to come. At Tideway we are committed to leaving a legacy.
That can start with you.
The Senior Digital Engineer will support the BIM Manager in activities related to Digital Construction and Information Management on the Thames Tideway Project. You will focus on these day-to-day operational activities.
Information Management activities – Ensure the development and compliance of project requirements in accordance with the Exchange Information Requirements (EIR), Project BIM Execution Plan, the Information Management Plan and other related documentation.
Digital Construction – You will perform quality control on models and resulting deliverables, lead the spatial coordination and clash detection process and enhance the integration of the different parties involved in the project.
This is an exciting opportunity to explore additional uses of new technologies, tools and software in the construction industry.
- Developing and updating documentation (including but not limited to Lead Appointed Party EIR, BEP, MIDP), guides and protocols throughout all phases of the project and in alignment with client requirements and PAS 1192-2, BS 1192, ISO 19650 series standards
- Ensure that all design, construction and handover information is compliant with the requirements of the contract and all applicable standards
- Provides the focal point for all design, construction and handover information management issues on the project
- Be the contact point between the design and construction teams (including consultants and subcontractors)
- Agree with all relevant stakeholder’s roles and responsibilities and project specific BIM objectives, Software Review Matrix’s and LoMD Agreements
- Ensure processes are fully compliant across the project
- Develop relevant documentation, for example briefings of the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) during design, construction and handover phases for relevant parties such as the project team, sub-contractors, sub-consultants and suppliers of the contractor, the employer and the supervisor
- Manage the CDE (ProjectWise, Asite) according to the project procedures and taking into account document management structure, workflows, naming convention and final archive
- Ensure that all design, construction and handover information is managed through the CDE including the D&C phases. Prepare the documentation needed by the client in O&M
- Ensure other project team members, sub-contractors, suppliers and other relevant parties have the appropriate access to the CDE (during design, construction and handover phase)
- Coordinates the following areas in collaboration with other members of the team:
- Outline what design, construction and handover information are required, by whom and for what purpose
- Outline who will generate the design, construction and handover information and maintain it
- Outline what actions should be taken on receipt of the design, construction and handover information
- Manage the ‘Digital Engineering Implementation and Training Strategy’. Support the development and delivery of training programmes for our team members, supply chains and client
- Capture of lessons learned, best practices and innovations
- Produce monthly reports to identify and measure information management & digital construction implementation
- Support audits
- Ensure stakeholders (who possess design responsibility) upload models regularly
- Develop a ‘master model file’ that all stakeholders can access
- Audit and review project information models to ensure they comply with Tideway’s standards and BEP
- Ensure information issued is validated
- Quality control BIM / CAD deliverables (such as, models and drawings) whilst taking into account information, requirements and best practices
- Lead the spatial coordination process. Coordinate the design & construction project deliverables against the construction programme (for the sub-contractors, including designers and specialists’ designers) to ensure delivery in accordance with MIDP. Manage the spatial coordination meetings and keep track of the issue resolution process
- Lead the clash detection process for project deliverables (including design & construction). Manage clash detection meetings and keep track of the issue resolution process
- Produce models to support design and construction works and develop 3D BIM models relevant to the project (i.e. design, construction works, temporary works, logistics). Produce visual Method Statements to highlight potential risks and prove the construction sequences
- Develop model quantity take-offs to assist quantity surveyors and other members of the team
- Develop 4D & 5D models of the project
- Develop visuals, such as images and videos to support communication with different parties in the project. Deliver presentations internally in the project or external events as required
Essential Skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience in using Bentley Systems software (such as AECOsim, Microstation, and ProjectWise)
- Completed BIM related training and understands BIM standards & protocols
- Construction related Degree (for example Civil Engineering / Architectural Technology / Building Services / Structural Engineering) or related experience
- Significant technical and practical experience (that is relevant to this role) within a design / construction role
Desired Skills, qualifications and experience
- Understanding of Commercial & Procurement processes
- Understanding of asset databases
- Good understanding of multiple BIM related software platforms
- Knowledge of asset databases and data integration
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
MEP Design EngineerMiddlesex, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
Technical Office EngineerLondon, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
Structures Assistant Design ManagerBuckinghamshire, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch