Traffic Control Technician
Posted on 21 February, 2023
Georgia, United States of America
North Perimeter Contractors, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of the Ferrovial Group. In Georgia, North Perimeter Contractors, LLC is managing the design and construction of the I-285/SR 400 Project, which is a design-build (DB) project involving 10.5 miles of roadway. The project includes rebuilding the I-285/SR 400 Interchange as well as improvements to lI-285 west from Roswell Road in Fulton County to east of Ashford-Dunwoody Road in DeKalb County, and improvements to SR 400 from the Glenridge Connector to Spalding Drive. This $460 million project will improve ramp capacity at the interchanges by adding more traffic lanes and improve existing configuration deficiencies in both highways. The project will include building a collector-distributor with separation barriers and new flyover bridges which will widen and improve conditions of other existing bridges in the interchange area. The project is expected to save the average commuter 8 hours per year and to cut more than 20,000 hours a day in delays for all users of the interchange.
The Traffic Control Technician's primary duties are to implement traffic control plans on job sites. The job duties are continually changing depending on the requirements of each project. Traffic Control Technicians are expected to assist in the traffic control operations of the job site.
The position consists of but is not limited to the following duties:
- Flagging traffic
- Loading and unloading of plastic signs, barrels and cones
- Set up and maintenance of all traffic control aids
- Shoveling dirt, gravel, concrete and asphalt
- Driving pickup trucks and flatbeds
- General maintenance of all equipment and tools
- Maintaining traffic control inventories for payment of services
- Evaluate traffic control zones for efficiencies and effectiveness
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed
Note: The above listed duties require periods of standing, walking, stooping and bending. It requires an employee to climb a ladder when accessing equipment. Also requires periodic lifting of up to 50 pounds. The position requires the ability to obtain a Work Zone Traffic Control Supervisor's Certification. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Ability to lift 50lbs., bend, lift, stoop, and climb ladders
- Valid State Issued Driver’s License
- Ability to work nights, days, and weekend for the life of the project to ensure traveling public safety
North Perimeter Contractors, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#Ferrovial #United States of America #notapplicable
Operations EngineerVirginia, United States of America Full time Production Posted on 23 March, 2023
Foreman-2Texas, United States of America Full time Production Posted on 22 March, 2023
ForemanTexas, United States of America Full time Production Posted on 22 March, 2023
Construction WorkerTexas, United States of America Full time Production Posted on 22 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch