SRI and Sustainability Indexes
Ferrovial is included in some of the world’s most prestigious sustainability indices, including the DJSI (Dow Jones Sustainability Index), MSCI, FTSE4Good and CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project). Additionally, providing transparency in response to the demands of Socially Responsible Investors (SRI) is one of our priorities.
Socially Responsible Investment
Ferrovial maintains smooth relations with leading stakeholders, i.e. those parties that are or may be affected by the main environmental and social risks of the company’s activities worldwide, those with regulatory influence, and those with authority in developing new business opportunities.
Relations with analysts and investors specialised in SRI are also considered important, given their role in the ethical, social and environmental aspects of investment decisions.
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index(DJSI). Ferrovial is the world leader in its sector (construction & engineering) and has been included, for the eighteenth consecutive year, in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe Index. This index is drawn up by RobecoSAM.
- FTSE4Good. In the most recent update to the FTSE4Good Global Index, Ferrovial was included again, for the sixteenth year in a row.
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP). For the ninth consecutive year, Ferrovial has been included in the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index and the Climate Performance Leadership Index, drawn up by CDP, which recognise companies with best practices in emissions reduction and climate change mitigation.
- Sustainability Yearbook. Ferrovial was recognised in the silver class in the Construction & Engineering category in the Sustainability Yearbook 2019, drafted by RobecoSAM.
- STOXX Global ESG. Ferrovial has renewed its presence in this index for the fifth consecutive year. The index is made up of the leading sustainability companies worldwide in terms of environmental, social and governance criteria, based on ESG indicators provided by Sustainalytics.
- MSCI Global Sustainability Index. Ferrovial obtains the highest grade of its sector “AA”, and maintains its presence in the index for the fourth consecutive year. The MSCI Research department rewards those investments that meet sustainable criteria.
- Vigeo. Ferrovial is part of the Euronext-Vigeo Eurozone 120 sustainability index.