Our innovation strategy, which is aligned to our business strategy, sets the orientation and framework for action of the company’s R&D+i activity.
- 47.8 M € INVESTMENT IN R&D IN 2016
- +100 PROJECTS
- +1,400 IDEAS SUBMITTED BY EMPLOYEES
Innovation is a strategic tool used by Ferrovial to generate value for clients, shareholders and employees, offering solutions in the infrastructures and services sectors which contribute to the wellbeing and development of society as a whole in an efficient, safe and sustainable manner. Which is why we promote innovation in a continuous and systematic manner, through more than 100 innovation projects, to create a company culture which stimulates creativity and the transformation of ideas into new products, services and business models.
Our innovation strategy is driven by the company’s executive management and aims to facilitate innovation activity within the company. The framework for action is as follows:
- Offer solutions for innovation challenges in priority areas.
- Drive a culture of innovation: through idea-generating programmes, intrapreneurship, training programmes, communications.
- Make innovation a systematic process.
- Develop an open ecosystem, mobilising the necessary resources.
- Develop projects which generate value for clients, employees and company.
Innovation activity within Ferrovial materialises through R&D projects, with over 100 ongoing projects and an investment of 47.8 million euros in 2016, an increase of 8.6% over the preceding year and 12% compared to 2014. The number of projects has grown since 2009, remaining at over one hundred in recent years. Moreover, the latest edition of idea-generating programmes to drive the innovation culture amongst our employees in order to find solutions to different challenges provided over 1,400 ideas.