Ferrovial professional distinguished at the European Women in Construction and Engineering awards Published on 29/05/2018
Sara Collado, from Ferrovial Agroman in Chile, has been recognized in the ‘Best Woman Civil Engineer’ category.
A Ferrovial professional has been awarded at the European Women in Construction & Engineering Awards 2018 (WICE). These awards recognize the most exemplary women in Europe in the fields of construction and engineering. The objective of the WICE is to give visibility to female talent and contribute to making these sectors more attractive for this genre.
Sara Collado, from Ferrovial Agroman in Chile, has been recognized in the “Best Woman Engineer” category. Sara has a track record of almost 15 years in the construction and engineering sector, being a construction manager. Currently working as Contract Administrator in Chile.
In addition to Sara Collado, another 14 Ferrovial professionals were finalists in the following categories:
- Best Woman Civil Engineer (Arrate Losada),
- Best Woman in Construction Law (Joanna Niedzielska and Marina Margarida Alves Sobreira),
- Best Woman Contractor (Nuria Venero, Silvia Moreno and Zeynep Acar),
- Best Woman Electrical and Mechanical Engineer (Joanna Komenda and Marina Aras),
- Best Woman Structural Engineer (María José Martín Fernandez),
- Best Woman Rail Engineer (Joanna Gieczewska ),
- Best Woman Oil & Gas Engineer (Renata Cichocka),
- Best Woman Quantity Surveyor (Joyce Fernandes),
- Best Woman In Environment & Sustainability (Patricia Sempere)
- Best Woman in Highways (María del Mar Delgado ).
Fernando Cendán, Head of the Human Resources Management and Development Department at Ferrovial Agroman attended the award ceremony; Silvia Lázaro, Director of Internal Communication, Commitment and Diversity of the Corporation; Cezary Macka, Director of Human Resources at Budimex; John Pepper, HR Director of Ferrovial Agroman UK; and Laura Brown, Manager of Communication and Corporate Responsibility at Ferrovial Agroman UK and Ireland.
Ferrovial would like to congratulate all the winners and finalists.
Gender diversity in Ferrovial
Ferrovial is firmly committed to effective equality of opportunities between men and women, which entails establishing internal mechanisms to bring out female talent inside and outside the organization. Proof of this was the signing, in January 2014, of the Voluntary Agreement of Collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Social Affairs and Equality. This includes the adoption of measures to increase the presence of women in management positions and management committees.
The content published on the Website in the News section does not constitute an official communiqué of Ferrovial; the company’s official announcements are published specifically in the Press Room as “Press Releases”.