Living Highways is a project being implemented by our subsidiary Amey, together with Sheffield University and Sheffield Town Council, looking for innovative solutions for dealing with one of Sheffield’s greatest challenges today: management of the city’s highways.
The main aims of the project are:
- Enhancing both biodiversity and ecosystems
- Reducing the risks of pollution
- Reducing management and maintenance of costs
Development of biodiversity type(s) uses an approach in several stages:
- A pilot project will determine the new type(s) of biodiversity.
- Joint design and management of a plan for a greener City.