On-board services on Renfe’s high speed (AVE) and long distance trains.
On board customer services, catering, transport logistics and supplies on the AVE long distance trains and RENFE Spain trains, as well as on international train routes.
- over 130,000 Journeys per year
- 1,900 approx. Staff
- 266.8 million Budget
The four-year contract awarded to Ferrovial Servicios is worth 266.8 million euros, and has the option of a two-year extension worth an additional 133.4 million euros.
The company won the bid for the two lots put out to tender by the Spanish rail operator: Lot I, which includes the Northeast, Mediterranean, International and Transverse routes, and Lot II, covering the North, South and East of mainland Spain.
The Ferrovial Servicios bid was based on two core premises: maximum efficiency in service delivery, enhancing the quality offered to users; and aligning company interests with those of Renfe as long-term strategic partners.
The contract covers the provision of on-board customer services, catering, transport logistics and supply on Renfe’s high speed and long distance trains, both within Spain and on international routes to Marseille, Lyon, Toulouse and Paris.
- Crew: Greeting on boarding and leaving the trains, accompanying minors, newspaper service, headset provision and public address system.
- Logistics: Reception and collection of products, freight composition, and loading/unloading of trains.
- Catering: Management of all cafeterias, trolley bars and personal at-seat catering services (first class).
- Madrid (Atocha and Chamartín)
International experience within the transport sector
Amongst the clients of Ferrovial Servicios in the transport and infrastructure services sector in Spain and the UK are ADIF, Renfe, Iberia, Madrid Metro, Aena, Heathrow Airports, Network Rail, Transport for London, and Transport Scotland.