2030 Sustainability Strategy
Respect for the environment and striving to support responsible social development are behind all of our actions and our commitments. This update to our strategy is linked to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) put forth by the UN to make the world a better place by 2030.
This strategy is also a tool for generating and identifying new business opportunities where we can stand out as an innovative, committed company. For years, strategic plans have acted as the company’s core axes, favoring business growth and supporting decision-making in a world that never stops turning.DOWNLOAD HERE THE 2030 SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGY
ESG criteria: environment, social, and governance
To face the current challenges, the 2030 Sustainability Strategy provides guidelines for developing innovative, efficient, and sustainable infrastructures, always accounting for three fundamental dimensions: ESG criteria. These are the pillars of environmental, social, and governance issues.
Environment: our commitment to the environment is leading us to reduce our carbon footprint and support sustainable approaches in all of our operations. These criteria define the strategy in environmental matters:
- 2030 climate strategy: promoting decarbonization per the objectives set for 2030 and 2050
- Water footprint: our purposes include offsetting our water footprint annually and reducing water consumption by 20% by 2030, considering 2017 as base year.
- Natural Capital: supporting the conservation of biodiversity and ecosystems aligned with the Natural Capital Protocol.
- Circular Economy: using renewable natural resources or reducing the use of materials and waste creation are taken into account in our day-to-day
- Sustainable mobility: one of the main goals for our new infrastructure projects and those like Zity or Wondo
- Innovation in sustainability: we want to develop initiatives that make a real impact
Social:at a social level, we focus on initiatives that attract and motivate talent while supporting ethical behavior.
- Equal opportunities: promoting equal opportunities is essential to achieving a diverse, inclusive corporate culture and narrowing the pay gap. Our goals include increasing the presence of women at executive levels to 25%
- Local talent: we want to recruit 100% local individual for junior positions
- Health and wellness: ensuring healthy work environments for all employees, regardless of their job title or location
- Occupational safety: this goal aims to reduce occupational accidents continually and progressively
- Investing in the community: developing sustainable infrastructure and being active agents in addressing health and social problems
Governance:having good governance is essential to ensuring transparency and good practices. These criteria define the strategy:
- Good governance: we have guidelines such as our Code of Business Ethics and the Compliance Program
- Sustainability in governance: we ensure this with instruments like the Sustainability Steering Committee, which reports to the Board of Directors
2030 Sustainability Strategies
Our vision aims to connect with a changing environment where respecting the planet is key. In other words, following the rhythm of “a world on the move.” To do this, we visualize progress through the ‘Horizon 24’ perspective: this broad perspective helps us understand current challenges and foresee future ones at all times to take advantage of opportunities.
The 2020-2024 strategic plan accounts for our priorities and the main challenges in sustainability. This works in our favor as it helps us continue to be recognized by indices like the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), FTSE4Good, the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), and Vigeo.
Only by having this comprehensive vision can we develop innovative, efficient, sustainable infrastructures. This, in turn, supports positive changes at the environmental, economic, and social level. Minimizing carbon dioxide emissions, creating jobs in green sectors, and reducing inequality are just a few examples.
Another main goal of the strategy is to decarbonize current businesses and develop more sustainable ones. This opens the door to new business models that respect the environment more. With these actions, we’re aligning with the SDGs to ensure continual improvement and help make a more sustainable present and future.
The path carved by the SDGs
We were the first company to certify our sustainability strategy with the SDGs. The business directly impacts a total of 12 of the goals set by the UN; indirectly, it affects virtually all of them. Some are directly related to our sphere of business.
Each and every one of our strategy’s aspects aims to support reaching each of these goals.
With this plan, we’re facing a challenge: making the world a more sustainable place. It’s no longer an option: it’s a necessity.