Communication Director US
JR04749 - JOB_POSTING-3-4894
Publicado el 22 de enero, 2024
Austin, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos)
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators, committed to developing sustainable solutions. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. The aim of Ferrovial Corporation is to design the Company’s strategy, establishing global policies, guidelines and action guides related to the different functional areas of the Organization (Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Innovation, etc.), which subsequently are developed and adapted to the specificities of each Business Unit. Additionally, it performs a function of providing corporate services to the different companies of the group, while consolidating its information.
The position of Ferrovial US Communication Director is responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of Corporate Communication and CSR strategy, coordinated across Ferrovial and its US subsidiaries, including external, digital and internal communication initiatives. Working collaboratively across a matrixed and multinational environment, the Communication Director will manage Ferrovial corporate reputation, by developing, executing and optimizing multi-channel campaigns that drive the awareness of Ferrovial and its US subsidiaries in the US, both externally and internally. S/he will create and maintain strong relationships with key media. This position will directly report to Ferrovial Global Communication and CRS Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and execute external and internal communication plans to advance the organization’s goals in the US, coordinating efforts with HQ and the BUs.
- Ensure information flow, decision making and relevant communication actions are consistent with corporate priorities and interests.
- Manage and develop media relations and positioning strategies, answering incoming media inquiries.
- Create narratives and scripts for company and leadership activities, developing and supervising external facing content for the US (press releases, paid/earned content, byline articles, executive talking points, remarks, external events presentations, other).
- Monitor local, national and international news stories, analysing public opinion
- Coordinates and supervise US content published on Ferrovial’s website, news postings in global newsroom, as well as paid and earned content in social media channels.
- Provide oversight for global or cross business unit events (tradeshows or internal meetings).
- Ensure successful communication of initiatives and projects to employees, driving internal communication campaigns and supervising diverse internal channels (intranet, newsletters, email communications, internal meetings and others).
- Collaborate with our senior leaders from different departments, helping to proactively identify and solve for communication needs and liaise with internal departments – functions to guarantee a consistent message.
- Coordinate with US business units and projects the strategic development and execution of Ferrovial’s CSR plan in the US.
- Provide annual reporting data as requested.
- Perform other communication job-related duties, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- 10-15+ years’ of experience of progressive responsibility in a similar position(s), that provided knowledge across a wide variety of communications functions, including strategic plans development, media relations and pitching, writing/editing contents, event coordination, internal communications, social media and website development, etc.
- 2-5 years team management experience.
- Experience working with C-suite level internal clients.
- Sound knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures used in corporate communications and public relations with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to identify / secure visibility for high value national, regional and trade PR opportunities.
- Broad understanding and relationships with Tier-1 media outlets in the US market
- Knowledge of and familiarity with online and electronic newswire services, media tracking and Internet research resources.
- Strong competences to drive teamwork and collaboration across diverse teams and functions
- Leadership skills and capability to professionally develop team members.
- Extensive oral communication and public presentation competences, as well as proficiency writing and editing
- Ability to organize and execute multiple projects and pay close attention to details, working accurately and thoroughly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Photoshop and any graphic design software experience is a plus.
- Experience with website management and content development.
- Experience with social media platforms, monitoring, and measurement tools.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Specific vision required by this job include ability to adjust focus, as necessary, to use a computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
Digital Marketing ManagerAustin, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Communications Publicado el 19 de enero, 2024
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo