Contact Coordinator – Ontario Line South
JR02382 - JOB_POSTING-3-1407
Publicado el 28 de marzo, 2023
Mississauga, Ontario (Canadá)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projects are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometer tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
Contact Coordinator- Are you the perfect fit?
This role will be a key appointment for one of the largest schemes in Ontario. This challenging role will be responsible for the fulfilment of all contractual obligations, both upstream and downstream, assisting the Station Contract Coordinators, and properly collocated with the Operations Team.
The role will involve hands on contractual matters for a CAD$6bn multi-disciplinary scheme and in close liaison with engineering and construction teams to ensure at all times compliance with the Contract terms, as well as to achieve targets and secure profitable work.
What you will undertake:
Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety pursuant to the contract by highlighting if a variation or amendment can adversely affect the H&S of any person.
• An in-depth understanding of the contract and schedules.
• Training and developing the team on contract management. Carry out talent review and follow up their development.
• Ensuring compliance with contract and subcontracts both upstream and downstream with the client and subcontractors respectively.
• Negotiation of variations with both upstream with the client and downstream with the supply chain.
• In conjunction with the Station Manager, notify the client of contract entitlements, early warning notices, delay notices and compensation events. The candidate will be eager to conduct site visits with the construction team to make sure there is nothing that can contravene the contract and or can put the joint venture in jeopardy.
• Encourage the Station Manager and construction team to maintain records and daily reports.
• Brief the estimating team on the variation enquiries and prepare the handover documentation for them to estimate.
• Use of Contract Administration Management System such as Unifier, ASite, CEMAR, etc…
• Working with the project team to manage project activities to deliver the works on time, to budget and the specified quality.
• To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
• Understanding of contractual risks in a PPP project.
What do we ask for?
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Contract Coordinator working within the construction industry.
- Previous experience for large scale projects particularly tunneling and stations.
- Be experienced with using Contract Administration Management software and maintain an updated database throughout the duration of the project.
- High level of written English.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Possess drive and passion necessary to increase profit and growth professionally within the organization.
- Team player.
- Responsive to meet deadlines for submission of notifications.
- Presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in large projects in Toronto is a plus.
- Tunnel and station estimation experience is a plus.
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #associate
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo