Cost Controller (Chipping Warden)
JR04349 - JOB_POSTING-3-3079
Publicado el 14 de septiembre, 2023
Planificación Financiera y Control
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Cost Controller (Chipping Warden)
Report to Finance Manager
Role Purpose: To support the Finance Manager in all aspects of cost control on projects.
About FC Civils Solutions
FC Civils Solutions is an engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
We will look to bring turnkey building & civil solutions, as well as a provision for general construction needs to our Group’s companies’ projects within the UK. These projects span from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
- Generating weekly project cost reports from the Company cost system
- Checking for correct allocation of costs across the project work packages, ensuring that all project staff correctly apply the project time booking system
- Defining cost reports to be supplied by sub-contractors
- Checking cost reports from the subcontractors are valid
- Controlling commitments and expenditure within authorised budgets
- Ensuring that secure and traceable cost records are maintained until archiving
- Supporting the Office Manager in ensuring that potential variations are effectively recorded and managed appropriately
- Establishing an effective change control system for project changes
- Supporting the Office Manager in ensuring that invoices are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- To input and operate the invoicing process and systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payments to suppliers and third parties.
- To be responsible for ensuring correct authorisations for all accounting and invoice related activities to ensure appropriate financial controls
- To ensure payments are processed in line with agreed payment terms
- To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
- Give support to Finance project manager and Project Manager.
Skills and Competence:
We are looking for candidates with:
- Financial experience
- Appropriate financial qualification
- Knowledge of financial compliance issues
- Excellent IT and financial systems skills
- Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
- Invoicing experience
- Financial reporting experience
- Ability to perform assignments independently with supervision and guidance as required
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in an international organization (Desirable)
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Project Cost Engineer - AylesburyTiempo Completo Planificación Financiera y Control Publicado el 9 de mayo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo