Energy Sales Manager
Publicado el 14 de marzo, 2023
Energy Infrastructure and Mobility was created with the objective of promoting the transition to a sustainable, clean and state-of-the-art economy. We provide innovative solutions for the promotion, construction and operation of renewable energy generation and transmission infrastructure, sustainable mobility and circular economy.
In the area of energy infrastructure, we promote and build projects focused on the development of renewable electricity generation, storage and transmission infrastructures.
In the area of mobility, we are committed to the development of electric, shared, connected and autonomous urban mobility projects.
Ferrovial is looking to grow its in-house energy management capabilities. The position we are looking to hire will be responsible for the integral management and sale of the energy and associated attributes generated within the Energy and Mobility Division of Ferrovial. The main target will be to optimize generation income through participation in the different energy markets while keeping an adequate risk profile. The main markets to manage are the United States and Europe (Spain, Portugal, Poland, United Kingdom).
A broad understanding of electricity markets and regulation is required as well as knowledge of adjacent carbon and green certification markets. Energy sales manager should have experience of contracting in mature deregulated markets as well as power systems that remain regulated.
The Energy Sales Manager reports to the Head of the Generation Business
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification of globally competitive power supply power opportunities. Manage all aspects of power origination including prospecting, bid strategy, RFPs, screening and commercial negotiations.
- Lead the power procurement process and contract negotiations with potential power suppliers such as government-controlled utilities, multinational energy groups, IPPs, project developers at various stages in development.
- The ability to structure and appropriately allocate risk during the negotiation for different types of PPA (fixed profile, pay as produced, pay as forecasted and virtual PPAs (contract for difference) to ensure that they are bankable.
- Collaborate with finance, commercial, project management and technical teams to ensure contracts are aligned with the project development profile (schedule, cost, risk etc.)
- Provide support to establish internal and functional requirements for the implementation and operation of power supply/green certification under contracts.
- Contribute to the definition of and support the implementation of regional/country strategies.
EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- Engineering degree associated with electrical power systems and/or electrical engineering. Other education levels can be considered if relevant experience is proven.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in power procurement/sales in multiple geographies and 5 years working in the energy industry.
- Track record of successfully closed PPAs.
- Detailed knowledge of power markets and electricity system regulation.
- Understanding of and ability to address concepts including: basis risk, markets risk, counterparty risk, hedging, transmission and congestion across markets. Ability to rationalize and explain concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience and familiarity with structured project finance and the sensitivities of equity and debt providers related to the respective PPA terms.
- Solid technical knowledge of renewable energy technologies, project development, construction, operation, maintenance and performance.
- Strong communication skills, able to confidently interface with commercial counterparties, regulatory bodies and financial institutions.
We would like you to get to know us better, and what it means to join our team. Joining Ferrovial means taking the leap to:
- Being part of a leading company in its sector, with a presence in 6 main markets.
- Work with the best professionals.
- A solid and innovative project.
- Professional development.
- The best work environment.
- The best benefits.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- Employment stability with a permanent contract since the beginning. 👍
- Individual development plan with technical and soft skills training. 📜
- International and cross Business Units Mobility. 🌎
- Restaurant card: 11€ for each full-time day. 🍽
- Work-life balance: flexible hours, shorter working days on Fridays, Christmas time, eastern and summer, company specially days-off, and purchase of vacations. 😊
- English classes: 2 hours a week during working hours. 📚
- Flexible Remuneration Plan: Medical insurance, Nursery Tickets, Vehicle rental, life and accident Insurance, stock bonus, collective savings insurance, transport card. 🚌
- Gympass Enrollment. 🏋🏼
- Free access to the Stimulus Program (Psychological support for employees and family members) ❤️
- Assignment of a buddy who will accompany you throughout the trip, to support your professional and personal development during your first three months. ✈️
- Employee’s Club: discounts to employees on item purchases, shows ticket reservations, trips, etc. 🌴
- Vending Machines card: refreshments in the cafeteria.☕️
- Healthy snacks.🍎
If you are passionate about challenges, and you think you fit in the described profile, do not hesitate to sign up for the offer. Take the jump! We are waiting you!
#Ferrovial #Spain #intermedio
Jefe/a de Mantenimiento - Cadagua SaguntoValencia, España Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 23 de marzo, 2023
Jefe/a de Obra Ferrocarriles - CórdobaCórdoba, España Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de marzo, 2023
Electrical Engineer - Houston (Texas)Madrid, España Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 17 de marzo, 2023
Preconstruction Manager - Houston (Texas)Madrid, España Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 17 de marzo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo