Health, Safety, and Wellbeing Manager
JR02285 - JOB_POSTING-3-1331
Publicado el 20 de marzo, 2023
New York, Nueva York (Estados Unidos)
Seguridad y Salud / PRL
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
The HSW Manager is responsible for the ownership of the health, safety, and wellbeing of employees on site. The HSW Manager works on site to ensure compliance with company and project policy as well as federal/state guidelines.
Regular Job Duties
• Ensure an "Always Safe Always Ready" attitude throughout the project from all levels of management and operations
• Ensure corporate and project specific safety and health policies as well as federal (OSHA), state and local safety standards
• Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction
• Supervise, manage, and direct the selection, training, development, and appraisal of project safety.
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the owner or the owner's representative, JFK personnel, supply chain, public entities, and other stakeholders to ensure effective communication between all parties on Health, Safety and Wellbeing (H,S & W) matters.
• Anticipate project conflicts, communicate preventative action plans, and implement solutions to avoid issues
• Monitor and report safety incidents, injuries and near misses
• Chair, or otherwise attend and contribute to meetings, forums, and workshops, both internally and externally, representing the project on all H,S & W matters.
• Actively involved and ensuring that H,S & W risks are identified and mitigated from conceptual design through to the construction phase and beyond with a strong emphasis on designing out H,S & W risks.
• Assist in maintaining and seeking continuous improvement in the strategies, policies, and procedures in relation to current industry best practice and minimum statutory requirements
• Monitor close out of H&S reviews and audits within prescribed timescales.
• Participate as requested in Health, Safety & Environment audits, and inspections
• To lead, and/or review or contribute to accident/ HIPO investigations, ensuring that all investigations are robust with all findings clearly evidenced by the data and supporting meaningful remedial actions.
• Lead on the H,S & W strategies and champion a positive organizational culture
• H&S KPI data management, analysis and reporting to meet reporting requirements, identifying trends where appropriate and leading or assisting in the development of associated action plans.
• Other unlisted duties
• OSHA 500, CPR Trainer, and/or CSHO or CSHT certification
• Ten (10) or more years of experience in managing construction/industrial safety on project sites
• Experience working with the PANYNJ
• Excellent communication skills and ability to engage at a variety of levels throughout the business, including with the Client
• Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and industry best practice
• Possess a level of technical experience to be able to constructively contribute to problem solving complex and sensitive safe systems of work from a pragmatic perspective.
• Good influencing and persuasive skills with an ability to build effective working relationships with people at all levels.
• Good listening, reflection and questioning skills to act as an effective coach to managers, supervisors and staff.
• A competent lead accident investigator with a thorough understanding of investigation methodologies.
• A confident and experienced line manager who is able to lead and develop others.
• Valid driver license for frequent travel
• Be able to communicate (read, write, speak) in English
• Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Some exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind. Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects
• Proficient in Microsoft package to create above mentioned reports & data analysis as well as presentation or other form of visual communication tools.
#ferrovialconstruction #United States of America #midseniorlevel
Health & Safety SpecialistCharlotte, Carolina del Norte (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Seguridad y Salud / PRL Publicado el 7 de marzo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo