ITS Field Systems Technician
JR04224 - JOB_POSTING-3-2944
Publicado el 30 de agosto, 2023
Manassas, VA, Virginia (Estados Unidos)
In 2016, the Commonwealth of Virginia selected a Cintra-led consortium to finance, design, build, operate and maintain the express lanes on Interstate 66 Outside the Beltway. The project will transform this critical Northern Virginia artery to relieve congestion, improve safety and provide more predictable travel times. The project corridor extends approximately 22 miles along Interstate 66 from the Capital Beltway (I-495) to Gainesville (US Route 29). Once completed, the project will include three toll-free general-purpose lanes in each direction and two express lanes in each direction with a state-of-the-art open-road electronic toll collection system. Expanded transit service, park-and-ride lots and interchange enhancements will further improve travel along I-66. The project will also connect several shared use paths to create more multimodal options. As an innovative and efficient public-private partnership, this project will be completed at a $2.5 billion net savings for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
What makes us different? Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
As the Field System Technician, you will have the opportunity to assist the Field Service Technician will perform servicing, repair and/or installation of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Toll Collection Systems (TCS) and Network Communication Systems (NCS). The Field Service Technician provides field support including: troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; preventive maintenance actions; documentation.
Functions key to success:
- Document and report customer and revenue facing tolling issues proactively.
- Identification of potential exceptions through the use of: Automated control reports; Analysis of system data and trends; Discussions with external service providers or analysis of external interface data; Discussions with the system maintenance provider.
- Respond to corrective maintenance requests and alarms within the allotted time frame.
- Isolation of faults in units and/or components.
- Diagnose and repair hardware, software and system issues.
- Complete work order reports and logs.
- Perform shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
- Actively escalate system issues and systemic problems to system maintenance.
- Collaborate with system maintenance on approach to resolve issues.
- Review proposed changes to the system.
- Support testing and verification of system changes after implementation.
- Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of toll collection equipment to include lane controllers (servers & PC hardware), RFID, power supplies, closed circuit television cameras, microwave vehicle detectors, network components (routers, switches, cabling) and dynamic message signs.
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts including inventory management and documentation.
- Installation of electrical conductors, data conductors, and fiber optic cable.
- Perform cable/fiber testing and splicing.
- Terminating, splicing, bonding/grounding, documenting and testing of all fiber optic cables.
- Ability to read splicing matrix and design drawings.
- Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope and or a Fiber OTDR.
- Experience in power meter testing, installation of enclosures and termination panels.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Connection of electrical conductors to power services to energize equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned What you bring to the table:
You have worked hard to achieve success in your educational career, now put it to use. If you have a high school diploma and experience in a related field, you are half way there with the needed abilities for this position. Do you have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in field support, information technology, tolling systems and/or intelligent transportation systems, or fiber optic installation/repair? If the answer is yes that would be the cherry on top.
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what is important to I-66:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to multitask, problem solve, and implement innovative processes within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Reporting and documentation skills
- Effectively manage tasks, deadlines and individuals through vendor contracts
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure
Finally, in a technology-driven world, it is important to know your way around a computer. For this role, it will be important to know the basics of the following:
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Some experience working with Linux preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially as to Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point and other PC based programs
Our working environment:
I-66 wants to ensure that all employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. Our office is typically quiet with low noise levels; however, you will often hear employees laughing and talking amongst themselves. Effective communication will be key for this role and will require you to talk and hear others.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and moving traffic
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a computer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, squat, crawl, reach and maneuver in tight spaces and above ground via bucket truck
There could be a time when you may need to lift and/or move up to 10- 50 pounds, but not very often. There will be some local travel that will be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
I-66 Express Mobility Partners is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
TMC Operator - BC CintraDallas, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado hoy
Maintenance Technician Lead - BC CintraDallas, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado hoy
Webber - Quality Manager - EnergyThe Woodlands, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 27 de septiembre, 2023
Webber - Information System Security ManagerIrving, TX, The Woodlands, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 27 de septiembre, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo