Mechanical Plumbing Engineer - Ontario Line South
Publicado el 10 de marzo, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projects are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometer tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
Mechanical/Plumbing Engineer – Are you the perfect fit?
What you will undertake:
- Oversees the execution of the Mechanical and/or Plumbing design
- Performs checks and due diligence of designs performed by subconsultants according to the output specifications by the Client
- Produces Bills Of Quantities (Including generation of quantities and performing Quality checks on quantities by subconsultants)
- Specifications and calculations including, but not limited to HVAC load calculations, ductwork sizing, equipment sizing and electrical power requirements and/or plumbing piping and pump sizing
- Coordination and project specific meetings with Clients, Engineering consultants and other stakeholders to discuss on and solve design and construction related topics
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment, actively communicating with the rest of Ferrovial Team also involved in the design and construction works to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
- Supports workload deadlines for on time submittals. Track progress against design schedule. Review and approve tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Contributes to develop design optimizations and technical alternatives
What do we ask for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Architectural Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in HVAC and/or Plumbing System design required
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership, proactivity and commitment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; eagerness to learn and apply engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics
- Knowledge and practical experience in Autodesk Environment (Autocad, Revit, BIM360, etc) preferred
- Knowledge and practical experience with design software as Trace 3D Plus or similar preferred
- MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred
- Previous experience managing external or internal teams
- P. Eng. accreditation preferred
- LEED AP valuable
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #entrylevel
Drainage Design Engineer - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Oficina Técnica Publicado el 27 de marzo, 2023
Assistant Design Manager - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Oficina Técnica Publicado el 10 de marzo, 2023
Electrical Design Engineer - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Oficina Técnica Publicado el 10 de marzo, 2023
Mechanical/Plumbing Engineer - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Oficina Técnica Publicado el 6 de marzo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo