MEP Design Engineer
Publicado el 14 de octubre, 2022
Middlesex, Reino Unido
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health Design Engineer
About Q6, Heathrow Airport
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Construction delivers value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
The Design Engineer will perform activities related to the management of the design process in the project(s). Reporting directly to the Design Manager, the Design Engineer will work closely with the Project Manager, and liaise with the Client, Design Consultants and relevant stakeholders in all matters related to Design and Engineering.
The DE will ensure design is delivered on time and on budget, and comply with the required Quality, Health, Safety and Wellbeing, and Sustainability standards and requirements. The DE will support the DM in managing the design Contract, including design changes, risk and opportunities.
The candidate shall also be open minded and proactive to explore additional uses of the tools and technologies available in the market with the aim of bringing innovation to the project.
- Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety targets in accordance with company policy
- Tendering design packages from project briefs received by the Client – understand scope and negotiate offers upstream and downstream
- Agree Design Responsibility Matrix with all parties with design input in the project to ensure no gaps or overlaps
- Co-ordinate the design team activities to ensure that the project design is completed on budget in line with the cost plan, and on time in line with the agreed construction programme
- Monitor and track progress of the design, manage any slippages and be the interface with the management team
- Actively define and manage design interfaces
- Lead the review of the design with the interested parties
- Promote, explore and materialise value engineering opportunities throughout the design process
- Work with the procurement team to ensure compliance with financial parameters and assist in defining scopes for subcontracting the different works packages
- Be responsible for ensuring the design complies with health, safety, environmental and quality requirements
- Work with the Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental teams to support audits to Consultants
- Liaise with client representatives on the design development as required
- Liaise with the Engineering Services in Spain to ensure adherence to Ferrovial design processes and principles
- Assist in evidencing how Health by Design, Design for Safety and Design for Sustainability have been embedded in the design
- Review Consultants monthly Applications for payment
- Prepare design monthly KPI submission and meet targets
- Assist the Design Manager on the management of the design team, giving advice on appropriate resourcing levels, effective performance management, employee development and motivation
- Promote company values in all dealing with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
Key Skills and qualifications
- Design Process and Contract Management
- Stakeholder relationships
- Design Compliance with Client and industry standards, requirements and regulations
- Coordination of the solutions with the Construction team
- Promote innovation, efficiencies and value engineering
- Working knowledge of BIM
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Proactive approach to incorporate new technologies on site according to the state of the art in different stages of the project.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Experience in MEP design (management)
- Experience of working in cost-conscious environment
- People management skills
- Experience of working in the construction industry
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
Senior Digital EngineerLondres, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Oficina Técnica Publicado el 14 de octubre, 2022
Technical Office EngineerLondres, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Oficina Técnica Publicado el 14 de octubre, 2022
Structures Assistant Design ManagerBuckinghamshire, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Oficina Técnica Publicado el 14 de octubre, 2022
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo