Quality Inspector- Ontario Line South
Publicado el 13 de febrero, 2023
Calidad y Medio Ambiente
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators, committed to developing sustainable solutions. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. The aim of Ferrovial Corporation is to design the Company’s strategy, establishing global policies, guidelines and action guides related to the different functional areas of the Organization (Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Innovation, etc.), which subsequently are developed and adapted to the specificities of each Business Unit. Additionally, it performs a function of providing corporate services to the different companies of the group, while consolidating its information.
The position of Quality Inspector perform inspection & testing of construction work and material related to quality control and quality assurance for the Quality department of the Ontario Transit Group team for the Ontario Line South Project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and confirm that the work at site is being progressed as per reviewed Issued for Construction drawings, shop drawings, Work method statements, Construction Quality Management Plan (CQMP) and respective Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs).
- Ensure line items in the ITPs are signed off in real time basis and ensure all supporting documents are made available as soon as a line activity completed.
- Ensure ITPs are documented and closed as soon as activities in the ITPs are complete.
- Coordinate with Document Control team to upload completed ITPs.
- Initiate Non-Conformance Report (NCR) for any work or material fail to satisfy project requirements.
- Liaise with the relevant teams to provide proposed action to rectify the identified NCRs and follow up to close NCRs within the stipulated timeline.
- Coordinate with third party testing companies to schedule inspection and testing activities of construction materials.
- Ensure all materials brought to the site are complying with the project requirements.
- Attend site specific meetings
- Feedback and communicate on internal and external alerts or good practices relating to Quality, to implement quality culture on the project.
- Monitor actual work progress with the schedule and coordinate with Construction Quality Control Manager if any delays observed.
- Assist the team for internal, JV partners and Client reporting on Quality aspects.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Documentation and reporting skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a quality inspector in Transit projects, experience in Ontario preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or Certified Engineering Technologist in Civil Engineering / Architecture
- Working experience with Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications (OPSS), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), American Concrete Institute (ACI) specifications, TTC & Metrolinx specifications and Construction Administration and Inspection Task Manual .
- Prior working experience with Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Must possess excellent organization and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Document management software: SharePoint, Autodesk Construction Cloud, BIM360, ProjectWise, Procore would be an asset.
- Candidate should be reliable and willing to work reasonable additional hours as needed/approved to complete assigned tasks.
- Reports directly to the Construction Quality Control Manager or designee.
- Assists and works in conjunction with the Quality Team and other departments for the successful delivery of the project.
- The job is mostly performed outdoors in construction sites.
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #entrylevel
Quality Coordinator - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Calidad y Medio Ambiente Publicado el 15 de febrero, 2023
Quality Assurance Coordinator - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Calidad y Medio Ambiente Publicado el 24 de febrero, 2023
Quality Supervisor - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Calidad y Medio Ambiente Publicado el 22 de febrero, 2023
Quality CoordinatorOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Calidad y Medio Ambiente Publicado el 22 de febrero, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo