Roadway Maintenance Supervisor
JR02493 - JOB_POSTING-3-1464
Publicado el 11 de abril, 2023
Manassas, VA, Virginia (Estados Unidos)
In 2016, the Commonwealth of Virginia selected a Cintra-led consortium to finance, design, build, operate and maintain the express lanes on Interstate 66 Outside the Beltway. The project will transform this critical Northern Virginia artery to relieve congestion, improve safety and provide more predictable travel times. The project corridor extends approximately 22 miles along Interstate 66 from the Capital Beltway (I-495) to Gainesville (US Route 29). Once completed, the project will include three toll-free general-purpose lanes in each direction and two express lanes in each direction with a state-of-the-art open-road electronic toll collection system. Expanded transit service, park-and-ride lots and interchange enhancements will further improve travel along I-66. The project will also connect several shared use paths to create more multimodal options. As an innovative and efficient public-private partnership, this project will be completed at a $2.5 billion net savings for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
What makes us different? Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
Summary: The Maintenance Supervisor acts as a direct supervisor on all aspects related to the work of the maintenance crew, including daily input for work assignments, equipment, and materials used, and scheduling and leading all the weekly and monthly safety meetings. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for identifying roadway elements which do not meet the contractual performance requirements and subsequently plan the repair of those elements. The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the maintenance crew’s daily work for accuracy, completion and to ensure safe working habits
- Supervise Maintenance crews during snow removal and ice control operations.
- Transcribe the daily work orders, damage release forms, and the accident forms and enter them into electronic maintenance management tools.
- Coordinate the daily schedules with the maintenance crew and any sub-contractor being used
- Delegate work assignments to have them completed in a timely manner
- Train the maintenance crew on safety that involves working on the roadway and using a wide range of equipment
- Direct the maintenance crew to perform under the I-66 guidelines and safety procedures
- Available on-call 24/7 to respond and coordinate incidents and emergencies
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience & Certification:
- 4-7+ years of experience in supervision of roadway maintenance or construction with traffic control
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college or an associate degree is preferred
- Specific knowledge of best-practices, methods, materials, and equipment used in roadway maintenance
- VDOT Intermediate Work Zone Traffic Control Certification
- VDOT Guard Rail Installation Training
- Must possess a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with the endorsement of air brakes, or the ability to obtain within 180 days of employment
- First Aid and CPR training, or the ability to obtain such within 60 days of employment
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Outreach with special emphasis on Hazard Communication, or the ability to obtain such within 30 days of employment.
- Effectively oversee, manage, and delegate a team of 7 to 10 maintenance employees
- Effectively manage tasks and deadlines
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team structure
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve within a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially as to Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and other PC based programs
- Familiarity with a Maintenance Management Information System
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) shall be provided.
- The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high at times given that the employee will be working around heavy machinery.
- Some roadway travel required
- The employee must be able to individually lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, drive and sit for long periods of time
#I66express #United States of America #associate
Maintenance Technician - BC CintraDallas, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 23 de mayo, 2023
Low Voltage Project ManagerNew York, Nueva York (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de mayo, 2023
O&M EngineerDallas, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de mayo, 2023
Heavy Civil Field EngineerFayetteville, NC (inactivo/a), Carolina del Norte (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 18 de mayo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo