Roadway Maintenance Supervisor
Publicado el 9 de febrero, 2023
Texas, Estados Unidos
The $1.6 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project spans 10.1 miles from I-30 in downtown Fort Worth to just south of the North Tarrant Parkway. The project is operated and maintained by a Cintra-led consortium. This project has improved mobility by adding additional road capacity through a combination of general highway lanes and continuous frontage roads, along with tolled express lanes that use variable pricing to keep traffic moving.
What makes us different? Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
Summary: The Maintenance Supervisor acts as a direct supervisor on all aspects related to the work of the maintenance crew, including daily input for work assignments, equipment and materials used, and scheduling and leading all the weekly and monthly safety meetings. The Maintenance Supervisor also coordinates and takes bids from any sub-contractors or vendors used by the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the maintenance crew’s daily work for accuracy, completion and to ensure safe working habits
- Transcribe the daily work orders, damage release forms, and the accident forms and enter them into THORS codes and MMIS
- Coordinate the daily schedules with the maintenance crew and any sub-contractor being used
- Delegate work assignments to have needed procedures completed and done in a timely manner
- Collect and gather quotes from current and potential sub-contractors and vendors to provide services outside of the scope of those provided by the maintenance crew
- Train the maintenance crew on safety that involves working on the roadway and using a wide-range of equipment
- Direct the maintenance crew to perform under the LBJ Infrastructure Group guidelines and safety procedures
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience & Certification:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in supervision of roadway maintenance or construction with traffic control
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college or an associate’s degree is preferred
- Specific knowledge of best-practices, methods, materials, and equipment used in roadway maintenance (inclusive of specification writing experience for equipment)
- Familiarity with traffic control and requirements set forth in the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devises
- Must possess a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with endorsement of air brakes, or a valid class “B” CDL permit with the above endorsement, or the ability to obtain a CDL within 30 days of employment
- Effectively oversee, manage and delegate a team of 7 to 10 maintenance employees
- Effectively manage tasks and deadlines
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team structure
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve within a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially as to Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point and other PC based programs
- Familiarity with a Maintenance Management Information System
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high at times given that the employee will be working around heavy machinery
- Some roadway travel required
- The employee must be able to individually lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, drive and sit for long periods of time
#ntemobility #United States of America #entrylevel
Operations EngineerVirginia, Estados Unidos Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 23 de marzo, 2023
Foreman-2Texas, Estados Unidos Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de marzo, 2023
ForemanTexas, Estados Unidos Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de marzo, 2023
Construction WorkerTexas, Estados Unidos Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de marzo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo