SCADA Site Engineer
JR02338 - JOB_POSTING-3-1375
Publicado el 23 de marzo, 2023
London, Londres (Reino Unido)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
SCADA Site Engineer (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)
Location: Silvertown Tunnel Project, Greenwich
The Silvertown Tunnel project was awarded to the consortium Riverlinx CJV (Ferrovial Construction, BAM and SK) at the end of May 2019. This complex 5-year project will construct a twin-bore road tunnel under the Thames in east London which will link Silvertown to the Greenwich Peninsula. The Silvertown Tunnel aims to prepare for London’s future population growth and relieve the congestion and poor air quality around the 122-year-old Blackwall tunnel. It is the UK’s first road tunnel to have dedicated bus lanes, buses are all expected to be zero emission vehicles and will support the increasing demand for bus transport across Greenwich, Newham and Tower Hamlets.
The Silvertown Tunnel (STT) Project involves the construction of a twin-bore road tunnel with a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM), providing a new connection between the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach on Greenwich Peninsula and the Tidal Basin Roundabout junction on the A1020 Lower Lea Crossing/ Silvertown Way.
SCADA Site Engineer is required to be part and provide a support on site to the MEP team, as described on the job description below.
- Liaising with both, internal divisions and Subcontractors / supply chain partners and personnel, to help drive the project through to successful completion.
- Ensure that installed works follow the construction issue drawings and are compliant with Contract specifications otherwise raise required NCRs.
- Focuses team members on success and on overcoming obstacles to delivery.
- Ensure all works undertaken on site, are done so in a safe manner.
- Attend Health & Safety / Logistics daily briefings, with site teams / Subcontractors.
- Assure overall logistic and coordination enabling works to progress as planned.
- Programme: Ensuring that programme is maintained and where programme is slipping, advising in good time, so that appropriate action can be taken. Assess daily progress on site.
- Reviewing method statements risk assessments / ITPs / MAFs and making sure all these are in place and approved prior to commencement of any works.
- Quality Control: Check Quality Control files and documentation ensure snagging, testing, witnessing, and area handovers are completed on time and with paperwork presented, signed off and maintained for handover.
- Meetings for Progress and Quality: Attend meetings with Subcontractors. Where in a ‘chair’ role you are responsible for the drafting and issue of minutes in a timely fashion.
- Progressive monitoring and weekly reporting progress, on quality, programme, and risk issues to the MEP Department and completion of works, with supporting records and resolution of outstanding issues.
- Assess progress on site to inform/verify subcontractor applications.
- Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
Skills and Competence:
- Relevant experience in SCADA Projects: Siemens PLCs programming and configuration of IO modules, servers, and connections from RIO panels to end devices, sensors, valves, actuators, etc. Also, experience in deploying Databases for 3rd parties’ integrations. Desirable experience working with MAXIMO (IBM) and HORUS
- BSc degree desirable
- Desirable experience in Communications Projects: fibre optic networks as a backbone infrastructure for COM, Video, Fire and PA/VA networks as well as leaky feeder and WiFi antenna systems for radio (RF) rebroadcast, for Mobile (DAS), radio FM (DAB) and emergency services.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
Project PlannerHeathrow, Middlesex (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 25 de mayo, 2023
Project Controls EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 25 de mayo, 2023
Asset Integrator & Handover ManagerHeathrow, Middlesex (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 25 de marzo, 2023
COMMS Site EngineerLondon, Londres (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 23 de marzo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo