Publicado el 9 de enero, 2023
Londres, Reino Unido
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Report to UK Legal Director
Ferrovial Construction is looking to appoint a Senior Lawyer to join its legal team in the UK.
The successful candidate will have access to a comprehensive range of work, from tendering for new opportunities in the UK and Ireland to overseeing certain flagship infrastructure projects. The key focus of the role is to protect the position of Ferrovial Construction through strong and effective contract creation and administration. This is a broad ‘hands on’ role within a small legal team in the UK, which works closely with the group head office in Madrid.
The role is mainly based in London and is ideally suited to an experienced construction lawyer who is keen to help deliver complex infrastructure projects.
- Collaborating closely with the company’s leadership to identify and evaluate key (legal) risks and opportunities and implement mitigation strategies where appropriate.
- Supporting the company in the tender process for new infrastructure projects, including advising on the main project contracts and participating in the company’s governance process.
- During the delivery phase of projects, providing proactive, regular advice – familiar with the project teams, relevant third parties, the supply chain and the company’s commercial objectives. Such advice may include:
- general interpretation and application of the main project contracts (and various supply chain documents), third party and regulated obligations (where appropriate);
- where necessary, supporting the procurement team in drafting and negotiating supply chain contracts.
- assisting in avoiding and reducing formal claims and disputes, and/or assisting in the preparation and management of formal disputes (in conjunction with external counsel as required).
- Undertaking reporting and other duties associated with good governance.
- Training / developing and sharing of “best practice” / “lessons learned” briefings with the company or project teams.
- Assisting with the engagement of external counsel where required.
Skills and Competence
- Mid-level to senior projects/construction lawyer.
- Solicitor of England and Wales (a lawyer qualified in another common law jurisdiction may also be considered).
- Experience of NEC and project financed infrastructure projects.
- Ability to deal confidently and build strong relations with senior business colleagues.
- A flexible attitude and ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated, analytical and professional attitude.
- Experience of working in an international organisation (desirable).
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction embraces diversity and inclusion. We see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #midseniorlevel
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo