Survey Party Chief
Publicado el 10 de marzo, 2023
Texas, Estados Unidos
Alamo NEX Construction, LLC is a part of the Ferrovial Group in Texas. In 2021, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) selected Alamo NEX Construction, LLC, a joint venture between Ferrovial Construction Texas, LLC and DBW, LLC (both Ferrovial Group subsidiaries), to complete the Interstate 35 (I-35) NEX Central Project. This project is a $1.5 billion Texas Design-Build (DB) project through the cities of San Antonio, Live Oak, Selma, and Schertz that will consist of non-tolled improvements along I-35, I-140, and Loop 1604. The proposed improvements will include the addition of elevated managed lanes to I-35, addition of 4 connector bridges at the I-35/I-410 North interchange, addition of 4 connector bridges at the I-35/Loop 1604 interchange, and widening of Loop 1604 in Bexar and Guadalupe Counties.
Job Description: Survey Party Chief
Schedule Open Availability
The position of Party Chief will coordinate the activities of a field survey party and performs the most technically complex paraprofessional field surveying duties.
- Act as party chief for field survey crews engaged in making plane and/or geodetic surveys for construction, topographic, right-of-way, and control survey projects.
- Participate in pre-survey planning meetings with project managers, resident engineers, and contractor representatives.
- Assign and monitor work, and provides input for evaluation of members of field survey crew.
- Instruct and train survey crew in survey and mapping methods, use of equipment, and field safety procedures.
- Gather field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods:
- Set up, adjust, and operate surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles.
- Prepare field notes and drawings.
- Perform field surveying for roadway, bridges, and flood control projects, including installing surveying construction stakes, tying out existing intersection ties, and locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries, and property lines.
- Perform complex surveying calculations using engineering calculator, laptop computer, personal computer, and graphics and coordinate geometry (Cogo) software, such as AutoCad-Softdesk.
- Analyze raw data for mathematical closure and geometric accuracy.
- Provide survey information for Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Prepare finished grade sheets, topographic maps, records of survey, corner records, and other survey reports.
- Research existing record information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents; and maintains field data records, survey project files, and indexing systems.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience of progressive responsibility in similar positions.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of land surveying, including boundary determination, legal descriptions, construction, topographic surveying, and GIS.
- Knowledge of field surveying practices and techniques, including radial staking.
- Knowledge of survey instruments, including electronic total station, data collector, network control stations, and GPS measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations regarding subdivisions of land, boundary locations, mapping, and surveying practices.
- Knowledge and experience in construction survey, understanding civil engineer plans, civil engineer vocabulary and in general knowledge about construction environment.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Alamo NEX Construction, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Alamo NEX Construction, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
#ferrovialconstruction #United States of America #notapplicable
Operations EngineerVirginia, Estados Unidos Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 23 de marzo, 2023
Foreman-2Texas, Estados Unidos Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de marzo, 2023
ForemanTexas, Estados Unidos Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de marzo, 2023
Construction WorkerTexas, Estados Unidos Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 22 de marzo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo