Traffic Control Supervisor - Ontario Line South
Publicado el 10 de marzo, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projects are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometer tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit (Exhibition Station)
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC (Osgoode and Queen Stations)
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, and Corktown Stations)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
Traffic Control Supervisor – Are you the perfect fit?
Traffic control supervision shall be provided by traffic control supervisors on the Site during all Construction Activities for which a TCP is required. During non-work periods, the traffic control supervisor (or alternate) will need to be on the Site promptly after being notified of an issue. The traffic control supervisors shall have appropriate personnel and equipment available on call, at all times.
What you will undertake:
- Traffic Control Supervisors will implement and monitor Traffic Control Plans in the field
- Directing all traffic control operations on the Site and coordinating with Other Contractors working on the Project
- Maintaining direct line authority over all of the traffic control personnel and procedures on the Site
- Liaising with the Client (ie. Metrolinx), City of Toronto, and TTC as required
- Recording the actual duration of Lane Closures, Full Closures, detours and Lane Shifts, and unauthorized traffic delays
- Daily forwarding of information to the Client for information and appropriate action
- Monitoring queue lengths in the active Site and implementing appropriate measures when such queues affect the operation and safety of existing transit services, existing city roads, and expressways
- Monitoring of transit travel times and raising operational performance issues to the Traffic Manager
- Responding to traffic-related incidents resulting from construction activities and traffic management activities
- Documenting all major incident in a timely manner and providing the incident reports to both the Client and City of Toronto via the Traffic Manager
- Oversee all requirements of the Project Agreement that contribute to the safety, convenience, and orderly movement of vehicular, cycling, and pedestrian traffic
- Attending regularly scheduled traffic management meetings (as necessary)
- Engaging with internal construction teams and subcontractors to develop, adjust, and modify construction and traffic staging strategies, including identification and escalation of issues (risks to safety/schedule/constructability) when encountered.
- Coordinate with internal communications department for the development and issuance of advanced notification to Stakeholders for lane closures, traffic diversions, detours and/or delays.
- Facilitating and participating in daily on-site meetings to ensure traffic control plans are communicated to all parties on site.
What do we ask for?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Construction Industry
- Knowledge of traffic control needs and requirements for construction projects, with experience in Heavy Civil and/or Transit & Rail Infrastructure projects
- Strong experience and in-depth knowledge of the local GTA traffic standards and requirements (ie. Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7, City Of Toronto by-laws and standards)
- Prior experience working closely with Metrolinx, City Of Toronto (COT), and/or Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is an asset
- Commitment to health and safety, knowledge of the OHSA, and experience with site inspections and reporting
- Flexibility to work various shifts including days, nights, and weekends
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to identify problems or issues and generate solutions, resolve conflicts, and make sound decisions
- Proficient in MS Office 365 software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Valid G drivers’ licence and a clean driver’s abstract
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #entrylevel
Package Manager - Infra and Civil Works - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 15 de marzo, 2023
Pre-construction Scheduler – Ontario Line South ProjectOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 10 de marzo, 2023
Stations Scheduler - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 10 de marzo, 2023
Project Schedules Quality Manager - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canadá Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 10 de marzo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo