Traffic Safety Control Officer
Publicado el 14 de octubre, 2022
Londres, Reino Unido
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Traffic Safety Control Officer
The Silvertown Tunnel project was awarded to the consortium Riverlinx CJV (Ferrovial Construction, BAM and SK) at the end of May 2019. This complex 5-year project will construct a twin-bore road tunnel under the Thames in east London which will link Silvertown to the Greenwich Peninsula. The Silvertown Tunnel aims to prepare for London’s future population growth and relieve the congestion and poor air quality around the 120-year old Blackwall tunnel. It is the UK’s first road tunnel to have dedicated bus lanes, buses are all expected to be zero emission vehicles and will support the increasing demand for bus transport across Greenwich, Newham and Tower Hamlets.
The Silvertown Tunnel (STT) Project involves the construction of a twin-bore road tunnel with a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM), providing a new connection between the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach on Greenwich Peninsula and the Tidal Basin Roundabout junction on the A1020 Lower Lea Crossing/ Silvertown Way.
The role is required for support in the Traffic Safety Control Officer role for maintaining safety and good practice on the entire site.
- Making key decisions on how to best to design the layout and management of traffic systems
- Predicting traffic flow and potential issues on planned routes
- Handling incidents, road traffic collisions and arranging the swift removal of debris and other risks
- Providing a highly visible presence at road traffic incidents
- Keeping traffic flow as smooth as possible without compromising public safety
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers to construct the works safely.
- Undertaking continuous improvement by monitoring user experience and making changes accordingly
- Emergency routes planning and distribution, planning the safest quickest and most efficient routes
- Liaise with the client, police, traffic officers, maintaining agents, contractors and internal construction staff such as the planning and engineering departments.
- Ensuring temporary traffic regulation orders and road space are in place (SRW)
- Ensuring regional control centers (RCC)and vehicle management signs (VMS) are in place
- Compiling accurate reports
Key Skills and Competencies
- Experience working within a Traffic Management or large-scale construction, civils, or infrastructure project
- Full working knowledge of sector scheme and hold current registration
- CSCS Card
- Full driving license
- Preferably NVQ L4 Construction Site Management
- Required NHSS12A foreman certificate
- Desirable NHSS12AB TSCO certificate
- Must be able to work in a team
- Responsive to meet design submission deadlines
- Resilient and a flexible approach to working
To develop your knowledge, you will learn:
- Coordinating and planning TM crews with subcontractor
- Experience in Street Manager Permit
- Planning works with construction colleagues
- Reviewing or drawing CAD Traffic Management drawings
- Ability of computer literate and competence of using emails and software
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions: Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK: HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #midseniorlevel
Asset Integrator & Handover ManagerMiddlesex, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 25 de marzo, 2023
SCADA Site EngineerLondres, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 23 de marzo, 2023
COMMS Site EngineerLondres, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 23 de marzo, 2023
Temporary Works CoordinatorLondres, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 23 de marzo, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo