Operations Manager (Port of Miami Tunnel) – Miami, FL
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Assist in managing the day to day operations to ensure the standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. Assist in preparing and implementing asset management and maintenance programs in accordance with approved operating guidelines and budget. Responsible for the development, implementation and management of Ferrovial Services U.S., Inc.’s management system. Maintain the management systems certifications under ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 for the business unit. Ensure compliance with Ferrovial Services U.S., Inc.’s Global Standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Contract Manager to provide structure, support, administrative systems and methodologies to meet contract obligations in relation to quality, safety, environmental aspects, contractor agreements, procurement, cost control, scheduling and estimating management processes and procedures.
- Establish and leverage effective relationships with the client, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare monthly reports (OPS, HSE, Change Order Summary, Extra Work)
- Responsible for ownership of CPAR (Non-Conformances); Monitor deliverables schedule; Ensure legislation and regulatory compliance; Monitor daily operations to ensure contractual compliance.
- Facilitate the development of training in Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Environmental aspects & Continual Improvement requirements.
- Make recommendations to the Contract Manager to ensure that, in implementing the management system, appropriate resources and training is provided.
- Work closely with other business groups (including Asset Management, Operations, & HSE Group) within Ferrovial Services U.S., Inc. to ensure governance and key business processes are implemented, accessible and continually improved upon to ensure best practice within the business.
- Establish, implement and monitor the expected outcomes of the HSE Hazard Register.
- Support Operations group with incident & near miss investigations and correcting identified deficiencies and/or actions.
- Identify quality system risks and work with the Manager & Quality Workgroup to implement appropriate risk control measures.
- Ensure governance processes are implemented across the business unit to guarantee HSE and other key business processes, regulations and legislation requirements are understood, implemented and monitored.
- Report as required statistical information to the HSE Manager on at least a monthly basis.
- Comply with the requirements of the Global Management System and provide input and proactive participation into its review.
- Development of Industry/Site procedures and documents to meet with requirements of Ferrovial Services U.S., Inc.’s Global Standards and contractual requirements. Ensure all new contracts/sites are addressed by the management system.
- Ensure wherever practicable, operating procedures and system documents are uniform and are utilized at all levels.
- Act as designated representative in all quality related matters for the operations.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process. (Changes that could reduce cost, increase productivity or improve quality, safety & environmental practices are actively encouraged).
- Maintain high-level customer satisfaction and strong relationships with all key working personnel.
- Foster and promote an attitude of continuous improvement and encourage the use of continuous improvement concepts in the workplace.
- Report monthly on the status and system performance of the Group to Manager, and Industry & Site Managers as necessary.
- Ensure that the changes/actions as determined in the reviews are implemented within the Group.
- Schedule, perform and report on internal audits in order to verify that the site operational management systems comply with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, Industry/Site documents and procedures, and have been effectively implemented, complied with, and provides Ferrovial Services U.S., Inc. with a means to meet its goals and objectives.
- Ensure that corrective actions raised are implemented effectively and in a timely manner.
- Provide a center of expertise on quality related issues to both Operational staff and Technical Support Coordinators.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of asset management and road maintenance, repair, and/or construction.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to negotiate, coordinate and plan effectively.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities, maintain a significant customer focus and positive customer service attitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
- Ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Ability to communicate safety instructions to co-workers.
- Ability to think clearly and focus on safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment and while driving or operating equipment.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to the job.
- As a member of management, the person is required to lead by example, coach others on how to correctly use PPE; follow proper safety rules of conduct, take appropriate corrective actions, including the initiation of disciplinary action to enforce the use and observance of PPE and safety rules within the area of supervised responsibility.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relative discipline or degree can be substituted for equivalent work experience and technical expertise in asset management, road maintenance, or related field.
- 2 -3 years industry experience; previous management/supervisory experience highly desired
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record (required)
- Professional Engineering License (highly desired)
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in a variety of environments including office and field visits. This position has some travel requirements.
In the office, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand and/or walk for short periods of time. The use of hands and fingers is required; as well as reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.