Area Maintenance Supervisor (Maple) – Mississauga, ON, Canada Ref: USA00580
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Identifies or verifies required maintenance work, interprets contract, schedules and coordinates in-house or sub-contractor work and ensures work meets contract specifications. Ensure all aspects of the contract are coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner. Responsible for supervising maintenance crews effectively.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform condition assessment of pavements, signs, guardrails, tunnels, bridges, vegetation and other contract infrastructure and assets. Schedule and coordinate work to be performed.
- Work with the Operations Manager to determine the best approach (self-performance or sub-contract) for bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost, timelines and efficiency. Plan and coordinate all work items.
- Inspect ongoing and completed work to insure compliance with contract requirements
- Supervisory responsibility including the selection, development and performance management of maintenance crews. Facilitate all required new hire training and ongoing required safety and work standard training.
- Respond to incident emergencies and coordinate work of on-site responders. Report accident/injury (actual and near misses).
- Coordinate with the fleet teams/mechanic for inspection, calibration and repair of the fleet.
- Manage, monitor and control highway project assets and materials.
- Identify opportunities for changes and improvements in work methods, processes, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Create and manage successful completion of all work orders.
- Review claims for damages on the highway system for validity; arranges for collection of data on such claims
- Work with the field coordinators to ensure accurate documentation and reporting of the work as per the contractual requirements as well as the company policies
- Work with field coordinators to manage the inventory for consumables
- Detail directly with ministry staff, other contractors, external agencies and the general public to respond to complaints and issues, by phone or in person, on matters such as drainage, signs, entrance permits and road conditions.
- Work with the Contract Manager to identify and qualify subcontractors and assists in negotiating contract parameters with sub-contractors.
- Assist and monitor routine work plan activities such as traffic control and maintenance work.
- Be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Other duties as assigned by the Contract Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Perform basic math functions and calculations (add, subtract, multiply divide, and calculate proportions, percentages, measurements, proportions, percentages, area and circumference).
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business documents, technical procedures and contracts.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals,
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to multitask, use resources effectively and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Strong computer skills in MS Excel and Word as well as familiarity with the Internet.
- Highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
- Ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers/subcontractors, understand and follow verbal and written safety instructions. Ability to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
- As a supervisor, you are required to lead by example; encourage co-workers and supervised employees to correctly use PPE; follow proper safety rules of conduct, take appropriate corrective actions, including the initiation of disciplinary action to enforce the use and observance of PPE and safety rules within your area of supervised responsibility.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum five years work experience in construction and/or road maintenance industry is required. Previous supervisory experience is required
- Valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record (required)
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- The employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment
- The incumbent will split working time between office and field work.
- The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand and/or walk for short periods of time. Use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and sometimes high.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido