Assistant Area Supervisor – Carlsbad Springs, ON, Canada Ref: USA00601
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
This role completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff. The position reports to the Project Manager, and will supervise crew in completing the project, ensuring safety and timely completion of tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure services provided are in compliance with approved performance standards
- Perform condition assessments of pavements, signs, guardrails, bridges, vegetation and other contract requirements. Assist with scheduling and coordinating work to be performed.
- Complete paperwork performed by ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Develop and manage performance of all patrol staff
- Assist with managing, monitoring and controlling highway project assets and materials
- Identify opportunities for changes and improvements in work methods, processes, efficiency and cost reduction
- Accurate and timely completion and entry of work reporting and timesheets
- Purchase supplies and maintaining an inventory of all supplies within the assigned patrol area
- Coordinate and track all required new hire training and ongoing required safety and work standard training
- Assist with inspection, calibration and repair of fleet
- Investigate and report all accidents/incidents
- Work with Office Manager and Health and Safety Manger on all accident/incidents that result in WSIB claim
- Responsible for completing and updating schedules for winter staff to ensure compliance of the Collective Agreement.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of basic math functions and calculations (add, subtract, multiply divide, and calculate proportions, percentages, measurements, proportions, percentages, area and circumference).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, technical procedures and contracts.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to multitask, use resources effectively and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and familiarity with the Internet.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers/subcontractors, understand and follow verbal and written safety instructions. Ability to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (minimum), equivalent work experience will be taken into consideration
- Minimum three years’ work experience in construction and/or road maintenance industry (preferred).
- Valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record (required)
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted,
- Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment
- The incumbent will split working time between office and field work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and sometimes high.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Tipo de contrato: Temporal