Assistant Environmentalist Ref: AM10978
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
As an Assistant Environmentalist you will provide the advice and skills necessary for the Utilities BU operational teams to deliver their service in line with our client’s requirements and the BU Environmental Strategy 2019-2023. You will advise on the development of environmental management activities within Utilities BU. The role will support the development and improvement of BU environmental management in line with the BU Environmental Strategy.
- Communication of regulatory policy and standards changes; produce Environmental Bulletins & Alerts
- Good numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Contribute to work winning, project mobilisation and demobilisation
- Work collaboratively with other internal and external technical specialists, engineers and environmental and sustainability specialists and consultants
- Work to and support all Amey HSEQ Policy, Procedures and Standards
– Educational and work achievements needed to perform job activities successfully
– Experience of a diverse and complex operating business, ideally in the Utilities sector
– Has successfully provided proactive and professional Environmental Management support before
– Has previous experience of a diverse and complex operating business.
– Has experience in developing and implementing new working methods, processes and initiatives that could improve environmental compliance across the business.
- Establish safe working cultures and practices.
- Comply with company procedures and legal obligations Environmental audit and inspection of projects works
- Working knowledge of environmental legislation, industry standards and guidance and best practice
- Ability to provide proactive and professional support to the implementation of environmental best practice
- Capable of operating effectively in a diverse and complex organisation
Proven ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
Technical and professional information or qualifications needed to perform job activities
- A strong understanding of environmental management legislation to include pollution prevention, management of waste, ecology, carbon and water. Especially working with the CAR Regulations.
- An understanding of planning legislation & requirements for the sector
- Entry-level qualification in Environmental Management, such as a BSc, HND etc. or equivalent
- An internal ISO14001 auditing qualification
- Membership of a professional institution (Associate / Practitioner IEMA or similar)
- An intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A full and current driving licence
Publicada el 30-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Stoke On Trent, Midlands del Oeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent