Assistant Project Manager Ref: AM10601
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To assist in the management of multidisciplinary or single projects in accordance with the requirements of the Project Quality Plans, helping to ensure that all project work is undertaken in compliance with all relevant technical standards including HSEA requirements.
What will this role involve?
Support the Project Manager and other team members in undertaking a wide range of project delivery tasks including:
- Outline cost estimating and management and monitoring of project budgets
- Project planning, programming, cost control and administration
- Attend meetings with the Client and other project related organisations
- Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and compliance with Amey HSEA requirements
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts
- Maximise operating efficiency, so that projects portfolio is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System, and to agreed standards and targets Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise
- Contribute to the bid management process on tenders for bid opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for a relevant professional qualification
- Part way through or recently completed the necessary training requirements for the above professional qualification
- Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
- Basic project experience Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competencies to enhance personal and team capability
- Proven enthusiasm to embrace and participate in career development initiatives
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Environmental awareness
- Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely
- Personal highways safety
What makes this role unique?
You will contribute to the delivery of the Company’s agreed financial expectation for the projects portfolio in terms of value, margin and cash.
Publicada el 31-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Nordeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent