Assistant Projects Manager Ref: AM10909
Everyone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our ‘Better Places’ goal. We’re a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To support the CEFA Operations Team for a specified programme area in the efficient and effective provision of programme delivery to support the delivery of the CEFA project.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure that safety is always the priority, promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with Key Processes and Safety Responsibility Statements
- Undertake the role of Deputy CRE (Operations) (where required and appropriate)
- Ensure that the appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW), Work Package Plan (WPP)/Task Briefing Sheet (TBS) documentation is prepared and in place at all times
- Lead the creation, development and enhancement of the baseline programme through the Planning Robustness process
- Ensure that the programming and planning of the examination of structures is done in accordance with project requirements, updating the Route Manager (Exams) with route progress information as required
- Work closely with the Resource Manager(s) to ensure that work is planned to optimise the use of available resources
- Ensure that all work is planned to satisfy the requirements of the Contract KPI’s
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Network Rail, in order that their programme requirements are fully understood and implemented
- Maintain regular liaison with all key stakeholders on project progress, conducting regular programme reviews with the delivery team
- Advise the Route Manager (Exams) on the procurement of suppliers and sub-contractors where required to support and enhance the core team delivery
- Determine requirements for non-rail access, plant and equipment necessary to undertake the examinations, then procure with support from the commercial team
- Support the implementation of site audits, inspections and trials as appropriate
- Manage all exam dependencies, ensuring that any issues are flagged and dealt with or escalated at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure that all physical works and enabling requirements are notified to Network Rail in a timely manner and then co-ordinated as appropriate, in line with the programme
- Improve and evolve our systems, tools and processes so that we can drive efficiency and bring benefits to Amey and to Network Rail
- Support and advise the Route Manager (Exams) and the Route Commercial Manager on workbank changes
What are we looking for?
- Strong inter-personal, communication and organisational skills.
- ONC/Btech in Civil Engineering or Building (additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu on an individual basis).
- Have a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, and in particular MS Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of track access planning processes and systems for delivering structural examinations on the rail infrastructure
- Have project experience in the rail industry, ideally planning operations on-site in a live environment
- Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
- STE 4 competent
- IOSH working safely
What makes this role unique?
You will assist in site monitoring and cost control / reporting for allocated contracts in a timely manner and approved format.
Publicada el 23-09-2019
Área funcional: Ingeniería
RedHill, Sudeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent