Assistant Quantity Surveyor Ref: AM09662
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey are recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support the commercial team within the East of the Severn Trent Water region. This is a great opportunity to join the team of over 20 staff to supervise and support the delivery of Mains Renewal projects through the East Midlands.
Amey work collaboratively with STW and its wider supply chain, from feasibility to commissioning on a variety of capital clean and sewerage projects. Amey is co-located with STW and its wider supply chain of consultants and non-infrastructure contractors to form part of the clients ‘One Supply Chain’.
In this fantastic new role you will support the QS team to accurately value the works undertaken by the operational teams and, where necessary, gather and provide records to substantiate cost. The team as it currently stands is one Commercial Manager and a Senior Quantity Surveyor, both of whom will act as your mentor to give you a great deal of one on one coaching. This is a brilliant team to join for fast development and progression. You will also work alongside the wider commercial team, providing you with varied project exposure.
What makes this role unique?
You will assist in the daily commercial and contractual aspects of the contracts managed by the operational team.
What will this role involve?
- Financial monitoring and reporting of projects assigned.
- Assisting and establishing suitable construction contracts with clients to suit procurement needs.
- Preparation of financial statements in respect to projects assigned.
- Ensuring proper administration of the Contract requirements.
- Assist with completion of account.
- Gather and collate records of all work done.
- Assist with payment authorisation of subcontractors.
- Ensure prompt submission of invoices and applications for payment.
- Develop the team though training and mentoring.
- Contribute to the formulation of the monthly financial reports, both internal management accounts and external applications for payment.
What are we looking for?
- HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying.
- Degree advantageous.
- Experience in the preparation of the interim and final accounts – preferred but not essential.
- Experience in target cost contract or similar.
- Experience with construction or utilities contracts would be beneficial but not essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Enthusiastic approach to people and projects.
- Forward thinking and interested in developing smart ways of working with teams to realise client and operational objectives.
- Motivated and engaged.
- Commercially aware.
- Highly organised.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Publicada el 23-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Derby, Midlands Oriental, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent